The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I know this is more of a general accomodation thing, than specific to Cartmel, but when can we pay for accomodation? On the site, I put to pay the 3 terms seperately, then to pay with a card, but it only asked about paying the deposit. Is the rest dealt with later, or have I missed something?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21

I'm going to Cartmel ^^
Charlybob
I know this is more of a general accomodation thing, than specific to Cartmel, but when can we pay for accomodation? On the site, I put to pay the 3 terms seperately, then to pay with a card, but it only asked about paying the deposit. Is the rest dealt with later, or have I missed something?

Payment is taken out of your designated account on the following dates:

21st October

27th January

5th May

Reply 23
michaelbenson
Apparently all College correspondence is being done through emails/PDFs, you can read the Cartmel College Guide 08/09 PDF which is currently online and pretty much covers everything you'll need to know about Cartmel and Freshers Week.

Ta. I was worried I might have missed something when I saw people from other colleges were receiving welcome packs and forms they were supposed to send back.
Reply 24
michaelbenson
Apparently all College correspondence is being done through emails/PDFs, you can read the Cartmel College Guide 08/09 PDF which is currently online and pretty much covers everything you'll need to know about Cartmel and Freshers Week.

Hi I have a few questions for you ( i was gonna start a new thread but its about cartmel)

1. Will cartmel be showing its rooms off on the open day? ( reason I ask is my dad's been bugging me for me to go and see similar rooms beforehand so I know how much to bring!)

2. Were we supposed to have recieved stuff from cartmel in the post?

Thanks in advance

Mo
minimo156
Hi I have a few questions for you ( i was gonna start a new thread but its about cartmel)

1. Will cartmel be showing its rooms off on the open day? ( reason I ask is my dad's been bugging me for me to go and see similar rooms beforehand so I know how much to bring!)

2. Were we supposed to have recieved stuff from cartmel in the post?

Thanks in advance

Mo

Hey :smile: Unfortunately on the Open Day only County, Bowland and Fylde will be showing off accommodation, this is simply because these are the three closest Colleges to the Great Hall in which most of the days lectures and talks are being held. However rooms in Fylde are really new and will closely resemble what you'll get in Cartmel College as well.

With regards to the welcome pack, our College and Residence Officer, Edwina (you'll get to know her quickly, and love or hate her :P) has said all correspondence will be done through email this year, and that the Welcome Packs should be being sent out pretty soon. Although I imagine most of what is sent out will be contained in the guide link I provided above.
Reply 26
Turns out we are getting stuff in the post. :smile:

Welcome letter, college registration, freshers' timetable, party invite. I feel warm and fuzzy.
yeah!.. i got stuff in the post this morrrrning! :smile:

erm.. helllo.. .. by the way! :P
Reply 28
Hello. Welcome to TSR. :smile:
why thankyou! :biggrin:..

don't you think it's a bit complicated?? :P

i'm getting a bit lost!.. haha.. i'm sure i'll get used to it! :smile:

what subjects are people doing? :smile:
Celifein
Turns out we are getting stuff in the post. :smile:

Welcome letter, college registration, freshers' timetable, party invite. I feel warm and fuzzy.

Yup, a couple Fresher friends of mine got stuff through from Cartmel today as well; silly Edwina confusing us all :p:
Reply 31
RHIANNON.yeah
why thankyou! :biggrin:..

don't you think it's a bit complicated?? :P

i'm getting a bit lost!.. haha.. i'm sure i'll get used to it! :smile:

what subjects are people doing? :smile:

I wouldn't say complicated, but the amount of stuff that needs to be done is a little daunting. If you're getting lost, make a to do list--then you won't miss anything. The front of my wardrobe is currently wallpapered with lists (uni stuff, bank stuff, shopping, packing, etc). Also, try and fill forms in when you get them, then they won't sit there glaring menacingly at you.

I'm studying Biomedical Sciences. There's a big list of what everyone's doing in Affinity's freshers thread, if you want to have a nosey at who's doing your subject.
Celifein
I wouldn't say complicated, but the amount of stuff that needs to be done is a little daunting. If you're getting lost, make a to do list--then you won't miss anything. The front of my wardrobe is currently wallpapered with lists (uni stuff, bank stuff, shopping, packing, etc). Also, try and fill forms in when you get them, then they won't sit there glaring menacingly at you.

I'm studying Biomedical Sciences. There's a big list of what everyone's doing in Affinity's freshers thread, if you want to have a nosey at who's doing your subject.

oohh.. good thinking.. soo far the only list i have is a shopping list.. which i should really turn my attention to at some point.. hmm.. and as of forms.. i think i'v lost most of them.. :shifty: .. no doubt under my bed!.. haha. unorganisation is my forte! :P

and ooohh.. thankyou!.. i'll deffinatly go check that out!! i've found hardly anyone on my courses..
Reply 33
Woo Cartmel! It was my second choice though, so I don't know a great deal about it. Isn't this the college with the big funky barn/common room sort of thing?
Reply 34
michaelbenson
Yup, a couple Fresher friends of mine got stuff through from Cartmel today as well; silly Edwina confusing us all :p:

i got mine today as well. :smile:

Im assuming u hate edwina :p:
Reply 35
Elvencia
Woo Cartmel! It was my second choice though, so I don't know a great deal about it. Isn't this the college with the big funky barn/common room sort of thing?

"The funky barn" - sounds like a theme pub lol! Yeah, Cartmel JCR, bar and food court are in a converted farm. It's modern and all that, but (dare I say it) it's a bit dead a lot of the time. Most of the action happens elsewhere.
But the houses are great, accommodation is good, people are really friendly and the atmosphere is laid back.
So long as you don't mind walking onto campus and back every day it's a lovely college to be in. Welcome to Cartmel!
minimo156
i got mine today as well. :smile:

Im assuming u hate edwina :p:

Edwina is marmite; when I get what I want from her I love her, when she says no for "policy reasons" I hate her :P No she is a nice person really, but has a horrible job of being in charge of accommodation and therefore has to be in charge of saying the nasty things other people don't want to say.

Basically rather than the Licensee being responsible to the College Principal he now has to report to the Head of University Commerical Services, David Peeks. I don't expect much to change this year, but with all the other College bars eventually following the same path many expect this will result in all bars becoming a replica of one another. Depending on who you speak to this is the worst thing to happen in the history of the world ever, or just a small decision which doesn't really matter :smile:
Reply 39
michaelbenson
this is the worst thing to happen in the history of the world ever

:woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending