The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i'm coming to! so can you guys clarify where were meeting and at what time?!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
KentWill
My my, these cafés that people have been suggesting you all visit are a bit expensive. I noted that in one of these plush, upmarket little shops that afternoon tea is an astounding £12.95. :eek: I doubt that many students will be financially comfortable enough to afford such prices, while even fewer will be in a position to frequent the cafes charging these exorbitant fees. Moreover, not many adults would be willing to part with nearly thirteen pounds just to purchase a cup of tea. All I can say is that you must be a very wealthy bunch, who are all refined epicureans disposed towards eating only the finest produce in the land, or rather in the opulent city of Canterbury.

I, however, will not be ashamed to visit more inexpensive food outlets.

£12 just for tea?! are you sure it might have been a meal with desert and with tea? lol..and to clarify im absolutely broke and we haven't even started uni yet looooooool!
Reply 22
hobo06
Is this meet for Kent or Christ Church students? Or both? And what time of day? I'm working til 5 (I live locally, starting at Christ Church this year) but if you gus are still around in the evening I'd love to meet a few people.

i would say for both!! ....But i think the majority of us are going kent uni..but you can come to as were all will be living in the same area lol
Reply 23
read the first page people, I never said we had to go to these places! Just a few random ones I found...and have you seen the prices at Origins? Cheap as hell.
Reply 24
Yeh does seem to be predominantly Kent students in the Kent Unis forum (and half the time no one states which they are referring to in the topics).
But anyway, if any of you lot are likely to still be out and about, wandering around Canterbury after 5 then I'd love to tag along after work. Only take me about 10mins to drive into town from work. I sort of know the area too so I could be of use (not really familiar with the cafes and that as I don't often go but know the main places).
Reply 25
and seeing as your driving as well you can drive us up the hill (im only playing) .....because right about now that hill is my biggest fear lol!....ok so i guess i see youall in canterbury in 2 weeks time yayy!
Reply 26
I'm still yet to see this much talked about hill. All I have to base my opinion of it on is the words of other people on here, most of whom have presented it as this formidable, near unassailable mount. :wink: If their words are accurate, climbing this hill promises to be pretty onerous. I've seen it on Google Earth, thus I've only viewed it from above, so I've really no idea as to what it's like. I'm trying not to underestimate it, however without actually surmounting it it's easy to be sceptical. I seriously hope it's not too bad, as I, unlike some other people on here, have no car in which to drive up and down it, nor the funds to make regular bus trips into Canterbury. Maybe it's not too bad though, it's only about half a mile long, right?
Reply 27
jus-mi
and seeing as your driving as well you can drive us up the hill (im only playing) .....because right about now that hill is my biggest fear lol!....ok so i guess i see youall in canterbury in 2 weeks time yayy!

Crap, shouldn't have mentioned that! Lol nah depending how many of you there are, it's pretty much on my way home anyway (I don't actually live in Canterbury) so I can drop a few people off, all I ask in return is a place to crash should we ever meet again for a night out :biggrin:
Reply 28
ok the hill isn't bad its just that im a lazy person! lol

yeah of course you can crash at our bits!! omg i feel so independent uni is gunna be fab!
Reply 29
Sucks that I'm still going to be living at home, not even in Canterbury. But it makes sense since I'm going to a close uni, free accomodation, food etc.
I'll just miss out on the experience of moving out, though I am considering it for my 2nd year, a friend has already asked if I'm interested in moving in with her next year.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the hill, haven't walked it in years (I lived near there about 5 years ago), since then I've only driven it, or gotten the bus, as I'm way too lazy.
Reply 30
Will I have to walk up the hill if I turn right out of Canterbury West station, heading north towards the University?
Reply 31
UniBus does it for me :wink:
Reply 32
I'm way too unfit to walk up that hill.

My school/sixth form was ontop a similar one. arghhh
Reply 33
And that calls at the railway station (Canterbury West)? I'm coming down on Wednesday and I'll need to be able to find my way to the University when I get there.
Reply 34
KentWill
Will I have to walk up the hill if I turn right out of Canterbury West station, heading north towards the University?

Whichever route you take to the uni (unless coming from outside of Canterbury) you have to go uphill, since it is on a hill.
Reply 35
Em_maK
I'm way too unfit to walk up that hill.

My school/sixth form was ontop a similar one. arghhh

And mine. Walking down to the shops at break and lunch wasn't nice at all, particularly when I was wearing a reasonably heavy school bag. :mad:
Reply 36
KentWill
And that calls at the railway station (Canterbury West)? I'm coming down on Wednesday and I'll need to be able to find my way to the University when I get there.

Not directly to the station, but after turning right you are on the main bus route.
Reply 37
hobo06
Whichever route you take to the uni (unless coming from outside of Canterbury) you have to go uphill, since it is on a hill.

Thought so. Though I don't really mind - I'd like to be outside in the fresh air in Canterbury as often as possible, so as to get a better feel of the place. Maybe after I've seen all there is to see on the hill I'll start to use the bus. Anyway, I'm fairly fit, so I won't mind if I keep having to walk it. By the way, I take it there is a footpath on it?
Reply 38
Hev456
Yup, this years mindset is 'oh ****, i actually have to work this year'

No that doesn't happen till the third year :p:
Reply 39
KentWill
Thought so. Though I don't really mind - I'd like to be outside in the fresh air in Canterbury as often as possible, so as to get a better feel of the place. Maybe after I've seen all there is to see on the hill I'll start to use the bus. Anyway, I'm fairly fit, so I won't mind if I keep having to walk it. By the way, I take it there is a footpath on it?

It's mostly housing all the way up the hill, so really not much to see. But yeh there's a footpath.

Latest

Trending

Trending