The Student Room Group

UCAS and declaring grades

Hi, I have got a U in my Biology BI2 exam. I wish to resit this module but I am not taking on biology to A2 level. Do I need to declare my grade on UCAS and if so, is there anyway of me telling them I am resitting it? As if there isn't, to be honest whats the point in resitting it if they are not going to know about it? Could I just put pending?

Also, I got a D in my physics module 2, am resitting it but am taking on physics to A2 Level. Do I say I got a D or can i write pending? As I wrote in my personal statement as this module greatly enhanced my enthusiasm for engineering but it looks really bad imo if I got a D in this but a B in a different completely irrelevant module.

Thanks.
You don't have to mention the U as it is not certificated. Declaration of module grades is always optional.
Reply 2
Thank you, that is really good to hear.
Are you 100% positive about this?

As i am not taking on biology next year, can i say my overall grade is pending or do i have to say i got a D? I got BUA in modules but as it was a low U it brought it down to a D :frown:.
Actually, I misread your post slightly. The U is a module grade, not an overall grade. You still never have to declare a module grade if you don't want to. However, if the biology AS grade is certificated, as I guess it is if you aren't continuing it, you do have to declare it (as an overall). If you are re-sitting you'll have to declare it as a pending AS too.
Reply 4
ok thank you, thats really good to hear as i really did not want to say i had a U.
nobody in my school seems to know as they are knew to being with sixth form.

Latest

Trending

Trending