The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Advertising and Marketing BA Hons

anyone doing this degree? whats something you didnt liek about it and what something you did like about it? Did you find this course challenging enough?

Im considering this as one of my 5 choices for uni on my UCAS application, this, ive been lookin for this kind of course around london and the choices for uni were kind of limited so i was suggested to branch out and i found this n it was pretty decent from the looks of it. Just want to see a personal opinion
Reply 1
yeah, its a nice course. the core is basically the same as the bsc marketing but there are advertising specific modules which you do in 2nd and 3rd year. The most challenging aspect is when you do the projects in 3rd year where you are given a brief and have to pitch your ideas to an ad firm. it's really fun. Also, there is a more personalised approach to this course than most in the management school because there are only around 20 people who do it every year. All in all, it's a pretty good course if you're thinking about doing this sort of thing. Where else are you applying? i heard city had some advertising course
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
im lookin into places such as uni arts london, leeds n lesta have a basic "comunications" course which im lookin at but im more specialized into the AD/pr side of things, nott trent has an intersting degree for ad/pr media wit special pathways etc.

how are the class sizes? Do they offer you to participate in internships for this course?
Reply 3
well first year lectures, around 200 people, class sizes are down on 2nd and 3rd year because people who don't do this as a major usually drop it and also depends on the modules.. some modules are specific for advertising and high performing bsc marketing people.. As for the internships, the project in the 3rd year is the practical element, and usually you will work with a huge agency. If you want a good job in ad/marketing though, I'd recommend doing languages because it seemed that firms want more multi-lingual people, so you can work in other countries, a lot of my bi-lingual friends at uni did get work at ad agencies/pr work. Everyone on the ad course did get ad-work, but different levels of agency
Reply 4
thnk u :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending