The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lily_blue3
Wasn't sure where to put this so I stuck it in F&B...

I'm moving into halls in a few weeks and was wondering - what can you get from Primark's Home section? I'm looking for
-Towels
-Bedsheets and sets (pillowcases etc)
-Glasses, plates, cutlery, bowls etc
-Fairylights

Think that's everything. I also need a duvet and pillows but don't think they'd go as far as to having them?

Does anyone know if these bits are cheaper than they would be in most other places?

Tesco and Sainsburys are also good places for the things you listed. Might have to venture to Argos / Woolies at a push maybe for the fairylights though.

Other than that, Primark definitely has towels and bedding etc. but not so sure about the tablewear / crockery / cutlery.
M'Lady
I had fairy lights attached to my window in Halls they were your bog standard pound land christmas tree fairy lights. :smile:

poundland do / did fairy lights?!!! Bulk buying... :biggrin: :wink:

On a side note, halls aren't usually too keen on blu tac or any other means of attachment (apart from pins on designated noticeboards etc. of course).
Reply 22
love2learn
poundland do / did fairy lights?!!! Bulk buying... :biggrin: :wink:

On a side note, halls aren't usually too keen on blu tac or any other means of attachment (apart from pins on designated noticeboards etc. of course).

We were allowed to use white tack and at christmas time our poundland did little boxes of christmas tree fairy lights
M'Lady
We were allowed to use white tack and at christmas time our poundland did little boxes of christmas tree fairy lights

Who is going to check? Just do what you want! Its your room afterall :smile: - just make sure you don't mess the walls up too much and not get your deposit back!
Reply 24
I got a double duvet, pillow and mattress protector set for a £10 last week! I got my towels and bedding there too.
Reply 25
i got fairylights... a friend of mine gave it to me when she moved off somewhere. Too bad im a man so I dont really use it. Should i fleabay it? Lol
Reply 26
kadie
I got a double duvet, pillow and mattress protector set for a £10 last week! I got my towels and bedding there too.

Wow that sounds amazing! I'm a bit wary though - are the duvets / pillows good quality? Are they warm / thick enough? What are they stuffed with? What's the tog on the duvet?

See, your simple statement has opened a whole barrel of annoying questions :o:
Reply 27
balloon_parade
Who is going to check? Just do what you want! Its your room afterall :smile: - just make sure you don't mess the walls up too much and not get your deposit back!

We had cleaners in Halls, our rooms got hoovered, dusted and our bathrooms cleaned once a week, this was so that uni had a chance to check up on us.
lily_blue3
Wow that sounds amazing! I'm a bit wary though - are the duvets / pillows good quality? Are they warm / thick enough? What are they stuffed with? What's the tog on the duvet?

I've got the same thing. It has in a 10.5 tog double duvet, 2 pillows, mattress protector and 2 pillow protectors. It's £10 in Asda. I haven't taken it out of the bag it comes in (it's a brown re-useable laundry bag too!) because I don't think I'd get it all back in, but I've had a look in and it all seems fine. I can't remember what the duvet is stuffed with.
Reply 29
Thanks for everyone's help! I went yesterday, spent £40 and got
- A bed bundle (single duvet, mattress protector, pillow, pillow protector)
- Bedsheets
- An extra pillow
- Pillow cases
- 2 cushions
- 2 throws
- Pop up laundry bin
- Towel bundle (2 face, 2 hand, 2 bath)

It all seems decent enough, would recommend to lots of people! XX
I'm buying fairy lights for my new house too, but Im not completely sure why
Reply 31
I got a purple throw for my bed a few years ago, and its still going strong! Its lovely, you couldnt guess it was from Primark either! :p: I think Im going to pop into there tomorrow and have a look at the homeware section, seeing as my throw is pretty good quality maybe I should start stocking up now?!!
Reply 32
Bexxxx
I got a purple throw for my bed a few years ago, and its still going strong! Its lovely, you couldnt guess it was from Primark either! :p: I think Im going to pop into there tomorrow and have a look at the homeware section, seeing as my throw is pretty good quality maybe I should start stocking up now?!!

There were some lovely soft ones in a range of colours going for £2 when I went yesterday, I'd say go for it! I bought 2 :smile:
Reply 33
lily_blue3
There were some lovely soft ones in a range of colours going for £2 when I went yesterday, I'd say go for it! I bought 2 :smile:

Ohh thats really cheap! They're so good for winter, thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 34
lily_blue3

they seem fine enough! they are 10.5 tog! Cant remember what they are filled with! the pillows are rubbish tho! But that doesnt bother me cos i already have memory pillows!
Reply 35
Go to TKMax for pillows and duvet, buy natural, not synthetic - saves on the spots at a later date!
Reply 36
Primark's homeware is wonderful. They have really nice soft towels and blankets, and they're so cheap!

Latest