The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

know how to cancel if you screw it up, thats my advice. most tils i have do a get out clause ie tap 'cancel' 3 times. then the screen goes red and it cancels without putting it on the receipt. the only problem with till work is getting stressed so knowing how to clear it all out and start again is probably the mesot important. then you can seem calm when really your ****ting it....
Reply 21
:frown: im dreading it if i have to
Reply 22
It's hard to explain on here but basically just ask someone to show you how to do deli's - the rest is quite self explanatory, oh and get someone to show you employee meals and free student cheeseburgers/etc. There is a Medium EVM and a Large EVM meal and a happy meal menu.

I've only been there 2 months and I'm really fast on till, i'm not big headed lol. I would advise you to listen to the order before you input it though as some customers take forever and sometimes they're like oh actually can i change my drink so you have to get a manager's card to void it off which mounts up and the manager is told at the end of shift total reductions and at our place you can get warnings for that.
Reply 23
Well good luck. If you do go on tills they will back up a senior member of staff, they'll talk you through the order. Customers will understand if someone is new, don't worry. The biggest worry i found working in the lobby is splitting the queue. You have to be very polite and to the point, always ask the person in frount to move, to line up at another till, ah and counting how many tills are taking orders.
On lobby your cloth needs to be changed every half hour or so, smile smile during gap buster times (you'll be explained about that)
:p: The only probably I usually have on the tills is when the customer speaks too damn quietly and stands about a metre away from you :p:
Reply 25
mhm yes lip-reading is dangerous sometimes xP sillyyy

Latest

Trending

Trending