The Student Room Group

philosophy tomorrow

gonna start philosophy tomorrw at AS( never done philosophy before lol )nd part of our homework was to think of two example which use the word idea and then give a definition of the word idea in each example. Then had to find a general definition.
So anyone got any ideas(lol) on how i should define them ll or any examples i was thnking of something stupid likes " that sounds like a really good idea" and "I have no idea what to write for my philosophy coursework" but im not sure if they use the word idea similarly.
:shifty: I'm not quitw sure what the teacher is looking for tbh.
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
can you not look up the dictionary definition of idea?
I think those two sentences do use to word idea similarily (sp?) as they both sort of mean thought i.e. that's a good thought or I have no thoughts as to what to write
I don't really think I understand what you have to do lol I'm a bit slow and I didn't/don't do philosophy

Thought, concept, plan. - A scientific breakthrough - a great idea.

Belief.

Feeling, instinct. - He had an idea that this would happen.

Reply 4
Say what the word idea means to you.

If thats means "I have no idea what to do", say that.

Philosophy is about discussing the possibilities. There are no right and wrong answers.
Reply 5
Anna_The_Giant_Banana
gonna start philosophy tomorrw at AS( never done philosophy before lol )nd part of our homework was to think of two example which use the word idea and then give a definition of the word idea in each example. Then had to find a general definition.
So anyone got any ideas(lol) on how i should define them ll or any examples i was thnking of something stupid likes " that sounds like a really good idea" and "I have no idea what to write for my philosophy coursework" but im not sure if they use the word idea similarly.
:shifty: I'm not quitw sure what the teacher is looking for tbh.

Your teacher just wants to see what you come up with. I'm sure all will become clear after the relevent lesson. Don't stress about it if you find it hard.

Latest

Trending

Trending