The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Transfer from kingston to Brunel

Reply 1
Hi,
To be honest the only one of those unis apart from brunel i know is good is UWE. Lots of my friends go there ..and some friends that have gone their from london absolutely love it and want to stay in bristol. Its a large university based in Bristol and they do thousands of courses, it shouldn't be hard for you to transfer. The student union is amazing ..doing hundreds of events throughout the year and their freshers week is amazing. There are also loads of job opportunities around bristol.. but that obviously depends on what course you're doing! Best to go to an open day to be honest!
Hope that helps
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Well i transfered from Roehampton ( which is next door to Kingston) to Brunel for my 2nd year and loving it!! What sort of things are you after? Roehampton for me had no student life what so ever, everything was so far away ( no banks, shops, anything) Brunel is very campus like, has clubs, bars, food court, shops and banks all together, I'm happy with the uni itself, but as for your course u need to read the out line and see if it's right for you!! :smile: good luck
Reply 3
Pimmy,

how can u say there's no student life @ Roehampton?!!!

There's TONS to do in London, and Roehampton's not far from banks n stuff.

This London University is in a gr8 location, and there's loads of students and loads to do...
Reply 4
Well that's just my personal opinion i just didn't really enjoy it that much, if i'm going to pay lots of money for my education i'm not going to settle for 2nd best, YES obviously Roehampton has a night life ( in a gym on a friday night ( the bop) and the Uni bar and a few clubs that u can go to) and yes a bank and shops around but why would i have to catch a bus to go to those places when i could find a uni that's just as good, Brunel also near to Central London, and it provides me with everything within a campus??
ps. obviously they're going to make it look attractive on the website that promotes their uni
Reply 5
Aqua, It doesn't matter if you have heard that it's not very good on TSR, make your own mind up about it.

Attractive London location? I live in Kingston, yes its nice, but its 30minutes from Central London on a good day by Tube.

As far as transferring opportunities, Kingston is irrelevant, you won't be denied a transfer because of your current university. You'll need good grades (ideally a 1:1, or high 2:1) in your first year for good uni's to consider you for a 2nd year transfer and you also may have to meet the original A-level/other requirements set out.
Reply 6
hello,
i really really need help!
i am currently studyin n East london university i am doing law first year....i dont like my uni at all and i really want to tranfer to brunel but not sure if its possible i called them up and they said something like they didnt do any tranfers last year for law but i dont know ireally need help...my A level grades are not so good but i am doing good now in my first year i am enjoying law if anyone could help me it would be great.
thanx
Email Brunel to get a clearer answer. If you can't transfer you might be able to start first year again in the next cycle, providing your A level grades meet the requirement.
Reply 8
thanx...but u know what i dont get it that i know people who have actually transfered so i dont know why they said they didnt take anyone last year my friend transfered last year....do you go to brunel aswel? what did you have to get in your first year? tanx
I'm final year student at Brunel, also studying Law. Our entry requirements were lower back then, they wanted 320 UCAS points (which is ABB). I believe it's gone up now, so you should check whether you meet the new requirements.

Did your friend transfer to our Law course, or another course? Each department is different. Last year the Law course was completely changed in terms of structure so might not have accepted transfers.
Reply 10
oh i see thats good..good luck with everything law is not easy but i am liking it so far its all good....ye i guess u are right and i am gona call them tomorrow to ask...my friend transfered from greenwich to brunel she did law aswel..but like you said maybe now they have changed it...but tanx for ure help:smile:
That's OK, hope it goes well for you.
Reply 12
Hi! Did your UCAS Points play any part in your transfer? Because I got 240 UCAS points (currently studying at Roehampton. But I hate it. My first year I got 60% and I want to transfer.. Is it possible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending