The Student Room Group

Cashing in on A-Levels

Okay I'm really confused, so any answers would be great please? I've fnished my A-Levels and am no longer in school.

So I'm re-applyingfor University again and doing a few re-sits since.

Since I'm re-sitting an exam for further maths and an exam for chemistry I don't want to put the grade I achieved for A Level Further Maths nor the grade for A-Level Chemistry on my application.

I rang UCAS and they said you can't decline your grade anymore, but if you're re-sitting, tell the school not to cash in on the grade, (btw this seems pretty much the same as declining to me), and then I can put pending for my grade.

I emailed my head teacher yesterday telling her I don't the school to cash in on my A Level grades for Chemistry and Further Maths. She emailed me back saying I have already cashed in on them since I've received my A-Level grades for them, is this true I don't know because the UCAS lady said tell them not to cash in on them? I don't know if my head teacher really knows because she said ring the exams officer tomorrow, which I will but I'm worrying about it at the moment. Does anyone know if there is a deadline or something for cashing in on grades?

Thanks
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
All I know about cash-in is that once it's done, you can no longer re-take that module.
Sorry I can't really help here, it's best to just ask your exam board about these things. =/
Reply 3
Nimbus
All I know about cash-in is that once it's done, you can no longer re-take that module.
Sorry I can't really help here, it's best to just ask your exam board about these things. =/

what? were did you here this from ? cash-in grades mean you have to declare those grades on UCAS, you can still retake that module but you cannot put it as pending even if you decide to retake that module.