The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just because it's freshers week doesn't mean anyone else shouldn't be allowed to come :frown: You lot don't want me cos I'm old :frown: :frown: :wink:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
Dammit, they restocked the combo ticket but I already bought a single freshers ball ticket. Ah well, screw the vengaboys. I'd rather see simian mobile disco anyway.
Reply 22
Freud
Dammit, they restocked the combo ticket but I already bought a single freshers ball ticket. Ah well, screw the vengaboys. I'd rather see simian mobile disco anyway.

Hell yes.

What day are Simian Mobile on? I also noticed it says DJ set. Does that mean it's going to be doing their stuff or djing random songs? :\

Either way it'll be mental (but I'd prefer the former).
Reply 23
I saw Simian Mobile Disco doing DJ once... Or else, I think I did because I was so hammered by the time they came on I dont remember? If its a DJ Set they'll just be playing records & maybe a few of their own stuff but it wont be "live".
Reply 24
Well, it's debatable to what extent their stuff is "live" really.

But to be fair when I saw Justice they did do alot of tweaking of knobs and mixing of tunes which made it more enjoyable than listening to the record.
Reply 25
I checked & it doesnt say DJ set beside SMD so they will probably just be playing their stuff.
Reply 26
Wheeey!

My mistake then.
Reply 27
Mr Otter
Wheeey!

My mistake then.

Weey, I'll cya there then?

I've seen simian do a dj set before in Fabric. From what I remember, which isn't much, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. But them live is just spectacular :smile:
Aww man. I got my Student ID today, so without having to queue for that all week and with no parties to go to, what the hell am I going to do?!
happy-and-lost
Aww man. I got my Student ID today, so without having to queue for that all week and with no parties to go to, what the hell am I going to do?!

Wow you've moved already :smile:

My NUS Extra card has apparently arrived in Leeds... pity I'm a long way away at the moment :p:
splorgie

My NUS Extra card has apparently arrived in Leeds... pity I'm a long way away at the moment :p:

I moved here 7 weeks ago. I've been working on a project at the Uni all summer, I know that place inside out and upside down.

The picture on my card is dreadful, but luckily the room they did it it wasn't very light so you can't see how dreadful it is very well!
Reply 31
Freud
Weey, I'll cya there then?

Yus. :3
Reply 32
There are LOADS of planned nights at the nightclubs in Leeds over freshers, plenty of things to do that are non Leeds Uni planned.
splorgie

Ooooh, how do you find that out? Do they not need a photo for it?
Beanbeanbean
Ooooh, how do you find that out? Do they not need a photo for it?

If you apply for an NUS extra card online (Not sure if you can do it some other way) you can take a photo of yourself with your webcam or upload a photo to the online application form and they sort it all out electronically. Interestingly I was told last year when I applied for one that they would send it to the Leeds Union even though it turned up at my home address haha

Just received this years NUS extra card yesterday actually, looks much better than last year's horrible orange colour :s-smilie:. It seems like with the shops that take part - places like Oasis, Warehouses, La Senza my girlfriend will, for the second year in a row, be exploiting it more than myself :biggrin:
Reply 35
Are we able to take non-Leeds Freshers students to the Freshers Ball? I'd like to take my girlfriend!
Reply 36
richamark
Are we able to take non-Leeds Freshers students to the Freshers Ball? I'd like to take my girlfriend!

If they have a ticket then yes, I think.

Latest