The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think with accomodation forms, if your starting in 09 you wont get your forms till next year, not sure about anything else though, sorry
University of York
York
Reply 2
If you're deferred then you won't get the accom forms this year, and York didn't send out anything else to us either. They're not the most organized uni I guess... :smile:
Reply 3
No
Reply 4
Is there actually anything you need to know right now? You won't be sorting out accommodation until late August alongside everyone else.
Ok, i was just checking to be sureee. Didn't want next year to roll around and found out i missed out on a reading list, or accom. forms or sooomething important.....
If you're really unsure, nothng wrong with a quick email/phone call to your department or some office like student services to see if there is antyhing you need. But like others have said, probabaly nothing you need to worry about until next summer :smile:
Reply 7
i still haven't heard anything about my accomodation for 2008!!! i'm hoping i am not the only one :tongue:

i bet i got like last choice on my accomodation thing!
jamesair99
i still haven't heard anything about my accomodation for 2008!!! i'm hoping i am not the only one :tongue:

I think there's a fair few of us waiting still. It's rubbish, isn't it? Which colleges did you put as your first choices?

And oooh, another maths person - hello! :smile:
Reply 9
jamesair99

I haven't heard about which college I'm in yet either. I suppose they did say we would find out no later than two weeks before we go.
Reply 10
I still haven't heard anything either, so seems like quite few of us left.

Oh, I'm doing Maths as well.
Reply 11
Also still waiting.
Reply 12
Me too!
Reply 13
Ziggy_Stardust
I think there's a fair few of us waiting still. It's rubbish, isn't it? Which colleges did you put as your first choices?

And oooh, another maths person - hello! :smile:

I put Vanbrugh as my first choice! I am liking the look of the cheap ensuite 33 week deal (Cos I'd probs come home at easter anyway!) but oh well! I bet I dont' get it I'm not expecting to!

and gosh! I barely heard anyone doing maths and or computer science =o!!! have you learnt all those formulas!
Reply 14
CubeDude
I haven't heard about which college I'm in yet either. I suppose they did say we would find out no later than two weeks before we go.

it's 3 now! I'm just annoyed how about 50% of my friends have arrived at uni / been a week and theyr'e telling me how it is! and I still don't even know my move in date yet!:eek:
jamesair99
I put Vanbrugh as my first choice! I am liking the look of the cheap ensuite 33 week deal (Cos I'd probs come home at easter anyway!) but oh well! I bet I dont' get it I'm not expecting to!

and gosh! I barely heard anyone doing maths and or computer science =o!!! have you learnt all those formulas!

Ah, I put Vanbrugh as my first choice, although 38 week non-ensuite because I'm too lazy to cart everything home at Easter! I'm not really to bothered which accommodation I end up in though - they all look cool.

And I've looked at the formula sheet and there doesn't seem too much to re-remember. Do you have any that you have to know for Computer Science that you don't for Maths? I'm thinking I'll leave it until a couple of weeks before going, else I'll spend time learning them just to forget them again!
Reply 16
Ziggy_Stardust
Ah, I put Vanbrugh as my first choice, although 38 week non-ensuite because I'm too lazy to cart everything home at Easter! I'm not really to bothered which accommodation I end up in though - they all look cool.

And I've looked at the formula sheet and there doesn't seem too much to re-remember. Do you have any that you have to know for Computer Science that you don't for Maths? I'm thinking I'll leave it until a couple of weeks before going, else I'll spend time learning them just to forget them again!

it's been so long since i sent off my accomodation form i actualyl forgot my 2nd choice!

computer science haven't given us any formuluas at all... just a recommended reading list! (which I randomly already had one of the books!). my problem is i never learnt the formuluas in the first place i just copied them off the formula book for a level. and now it's like: dam - i've gotta actually learn them! did you do further maths btw! because it looks like there's gonna be a lot of reptition for further mathematicians!
jamesair99
it's been so long since i sent off my accomodation form i actualyl forgot my 2nd choice!

computer science haven't given us any formuluas at all... just a recommended reading list! (which I randomly already had one of the books!). my problem is i never learnt the formuluas in the first place i just copied them off the formula book for a level. and now it's like: dam - i've gotta actually learn them! did you do further maths btw! because it looks like there's gonna be a lot of reptition for further mathematicians!

I know. I really hoped that there might be something in the post today, but nope, nothing. :frown: Bastards!

I never exactly learned the formulae either, but picked them up as I was going along. I think I'm just going to do some C4 revision before I go and hopefully it'll all come back that way.

And no, I didn't do further maths, so it looks like I'm probably going to have a lot of fun picking all that stuff up in the first few weeks. :rolleyes: Oh well... did you?
Reply 18
Ziggy_Stardust
I know. I really hoped that there might be something in the post today, but nope, nothing. :frown: Bastards!

I never exactly learned the formulae either, but picked them up as I was going along. I think I'm just going to do some C4 revision before I go and hopefully it'll all come back that way.

And no, I didn't do further maths, so it looks like I'm probably going to have a lot of fun picking all that stuff up in the first few weeks. :rolleyes: Oh well... did you?

Arrgh maybe tomorrow we will get something. Yeah I did further maths - but my problem is the opposite - I fear that a lot of the first year may be repitition (but I guess that means more time for parties!!)
Reply 19
I'm also doing maths (and compsci), and have no idea which college I'm in. :frown:

Latest