The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey Country_Girl.. I had to do the same for cardiff...whats the title of your essay??
Jenn84xx
Hi Sarah, I got into Southampton and accepted :smile: Are you going to their open day this weds? Jenn

Yay someone else who is doing it at soton!! thought I was the only one so far on here!

I went to an open day about 2 weeks ago, and just loved the place/course etc. thinking of going for glen eyre halls. do you know when we apply for halls? xxx
Reply 82
saraheee123
Yay someone else who is doing it at soton!! thought I was the only one so far on here!

I went to an open day about 2 weeks ago, and just loved the place/course etc. thinking of going for glen eyre halls. do you know when we apply for halls? xxx

:smile: I am so excited to start but so nervous! I am not sure about halls as I will be living in Fareham in my own place with my son. Do you know when we should apply for the funding etc xx
Reply 83
Hi,

Have an offer from Southampton to, going to open day on 15th April. Been to Oxford Brookes which I liked. Had interview at Bournemouth last month, still awaiting decision.
Anyone going to any of these?

Dekka
Reply 84
hey, i've got all my offers now and i'm debating whether to choose sheffield hallam or york st. john. i think i'm gonna choose sheffield atm, but i can't decide where i'd live!! too many decisions! anyone thinking of going to these places or gonna be in halls etc.?

sam
Reply 85
I'm thinking of either going to Queen Margaret or, if I get an offer, York St John. Both are really nice, but YSJ has great new OT facilities, so it could be a close call!
Reply 86
I've received a conditional offer at the University of Cumbria for this September (2009). It's the only place I applied to, so I'm pleased. :smile:
I confirmed Oxford Brookes as firm and Plymouth as insurance a couple of weeks ago now. Got a load of stuff from Brookes to fill out; health questionnaires and CRB etc.
Makes it feel so real
:biggrin:
sam_m_313
hey, i've got all my offers now and i'm debating whether to choose sheffield hallam or york st. john. i think i'm gonna choose sheffield atm, but i can't decide where i'd live!! too many decisions! anyone thinking of going to these places or gonna be in halls etc.?

sam

Hi Sam,

I am going to Sheffield Hallam in September, i have already applied for my
accommodation. Where are you thinking of staying? I love sheffield!!
xx
Reply 89
Hiya everyone got an interview tomorrow for OT at sheffield hallam uni and just wandered if anyone had any idea on what questions they ask you and what the group tas may be, thanks guys!!! xxxx
Reply 90
sam_m_313

sam

Hello i see you previously had and have been accepted to sheff hallam uni for the ot course and i wandered if you could advise me on what interview questions are asked and what happens during the selection process day?? hope u can help thanks caz xxx
-RachelMurphy-
Hey Country_Girl.. I had to do the same for cardiff...whats the title of your essay??

Hi Rachel, my essay is about "The work of an occupational therapist is too varied to only be considered in a hospital setting" and a report on my learning methods. I've got an offer from Cumbria though, which is my first choice, so I'm still debating on whether to go through with applying to Cardiff. How did your essay go?
My application has gone though and is been processed still! its been ages :frown: i just want to know!! Also applied for my backup Biology!
Reply 93
Hi,

Is anyone applying to Coventry? I have a group interview there next saturday.
:smile: jen
I got the same stuff...but mine was **** cause i rushed it..but oh well..

xx
Reply 95
Jenny86
Hi,

Is anyone applying to Coventry? I have a group interview there next saturday.
:smile: jen

I had an interview at coventry in feb and got in :biggrin: can't wait to start!

The interview was fine, just a little group task and everyone was asked a few questions.

Good luck! :smile:
Does anybody know what a typical weeks timetable is like? Is it generally 9-5 or are there some late nights? I know it varies from Uni to Uni, but any advice would be great :smile:
Reply 97
Thanks rseed001 I have to admit I m really nervous, we didnt have interviews for my first degree so this is a bit of a new one. Oh well fingers crossed. :smile:
Ohh i've applied for OT assistant job *fingers crossed* it'll be money and experience and also radiographic assistant since it was there and sounds like a good job and good money
Reply 99
*starbuck*
Does anybody know what a typical weeks timetable is like? Is it generally 9-5 or are there some late nights? I know it varies from Uni to Uni, but any advice would be great :smile:

No idea, I know at the York St. John open day the tutor said that in first year you get something like 18hrs of contact time per week and one of the tour guides said that she was timetabled 23hrs of contact time in 2nd year.

I'm guessing that OT probably has more contact hours than some degrees, but less than others (e.g Medicine), I'm not sure how the others work, but I know some unis do some things in the evenings, not just finishing at 5pm.

I've accepted an unconditional offer for OT at QMU last week, it's great to know I'm gonna be doing a course I really want to do in a city I really love!

Latest