The Student Room Group
Reply 1
you want to do engineering and medicine?.....with regards to deferring surely they would allow you to.....or check the specific unis to find out
Reply 2
I am already doing Engineering course. Once I finish the course, I am thinking to apply for medicine but I want to apply as deferred entry.

cheers
so i take it u are in ur last year at university doing the engineering course yes? if not no point thinking about it until u are last year.
If you are predicted a 2:1 or 1st u may apply to some unis (as engin is not a bio-chemical course only a few unis will look at u, so before u apply have a look at their requirements)
Reply 4
Basically I have just finished my 1st year and now in october im starting my second year. I want to apply now (until the deadline of 15 oct) but deferred entry for medicine. (means i will do my second and thrid year and hopefully try getting into medicine). I really dont knw if thts possible.

Please help
its not :smile: u'll have to apply in year 3
Reply 6
Some unis like it, others don't.

Sheffield find that course-jumping to be, in their own words, "undesirable".

Brighton and Peninsula Med. School have no problems with it, though. And, I did phone them up to find out, out of curiosity. :tongue:
Reply 7
I did it for veterinary medicine (I just wanted to have some certainty). I applied last year when I was in my second year, got accepted and deferred my entry, which enables me to finish my current (Pre-medicine) course. But then again, they may have looked differently at my case because I am studying in the Netherlands at the moment. Good luck though!

Latest

Trending

Trending