The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sunspoon
As an example, more than half of the people applying for medicine every year get 4 rejections - some take a year out and reapply, some, like me, go off and do another completely different degree, and others go and do another related degree, eg in biochemistry and then go for graduate entry. It all depends on what you want to do, rather than what everyone else is doing.

I got into Computing through Extra, and its worked out well for me.

What, IMPERIAL had courses through EXTRA? :s-smilie:
Reply 21
I think they only had 'a very few places' left when I applied. So I'm guessing one or two.
anyway what i was saying that loads of potential University undergraduates every year apply through UCAS and not all of them will get offers some will get a few rejections so if a applicant got 3 offers and two rejections that its so bad as he/she still has 3 offers whether these are conditional ie have to meet certain exam conditions or unconditional ie have already met the offer.
However if applicant doesnt have any offers he/she can decided to go through and apply for degree courses through UCAS Extra.This then allows that applicant to have a second chance at gaining a place before Clearing starts.

Latest

Trending

Trending