The Student Room Group
Reply 1
if you dont know what you want to study, how do you expect to receive advice or guidance?
Reply 2
i was interested in finance and banking, but many of the courses require at least AS Maths, so that plan has now gone.
Reply 3
It's a help that you've restricted it to London. You now need to research individual London universities you may be interested in and see what their entry requirements are like. Order plenty of prospectuses, either actual copies - or you can look online. The UCAS website is useful as well since it has information on types of courses offered at different universities. Some of the top London universities would require 3 full A levels, however there will definitely be others that will accept students on a basis of UCAS points as well.

You really need to research by reading course contents etc. and narrow things down a bit before we can give you help/guidance. Law/business obviously restricts things to an extent, but whilst you don't need a career plan, some sort of idea is useful. You could always try careers websites, or even have a chat with a careers adviser/your head of higher education for tips. It's their job.
Reply 4
I found that cass business school, part of city, have an investment and financial risk management course, they require AAB, but it doesnt mention Maths. Would i be aiming too high?
Reply 5
It depends if they'd allow you to substitute AAB with the equivalent number of points. Email them and see what they say. If it's possible, then I don't see why you shouldn't put it down on your form. You usually do put down one high-reach option on a UCAS application, one insurance choice - and then the other three basically match what you definitely think you're capable of achieving.

Latest

Trending

Trending