The Student Room Group
Reply 1
When you press the Pay/Submit button, it gets sent to your referee, who then writs your reference. You can't find out your reference via UCAS, so you'll have to ask your referee to keep a copy of it for you.
Reply 2
Hmm, and you can't change anything after you've paid and submitted it?

Our school deadline is really early and I hate the thought that I'm not able to edit my personal statement until the actual deadline.
Reply 3
Dragonkiller

Our school deadline is really early and I hate the thought that I'm not able to edit my personal statement until the actual deadline.

yea....just ask your referee to send it back to you....
Dragonkiller

Your referee can reject your application and you'll be able to edit it again.
Reply 5
sorry to hijack this thread (though it appears like your question has already been answered and I really don't feel like making a new thread), but I've got a question.

Basically, I applied for unies last year for entry 2008, but shortly after withdrew my application and I'm applying now for 2009 entry, but the thing is, should I keep the same reference as I was given last year? Or should I have my teachers write me a new, more up-to-date one? Additionally, I scored 600/600 in Fine Art (AQA), is that worth something mentioning in my reference? The head of art department and my art teachers asked if I want it updated, but I'm not sure if it's necessary although it has its obvious connections with what I wish to study (architecture), but will it make much of a difference to my app? Do universities see ums marks or only the overall grades? Should I have that added to my reference?

Any information or advice on this would be really appreciated. thank you.
^^ That's AMAZING!! Well done!! You should DEFINITELY have your referee mention that!
Reply 7
9mm
sorry to hijack this thread (though it appears like your question has already been answered and I really don't feel like making a new thread), but I've got a question.

Basically, I applied for unies last year for entry 2008, but shortly after withdrew my application and I'm now in september for 2009 entry, but the thing is, should I keep the same reference as I was given last year? Or should I have my teachers write me a new, more up-to-date one? Additionally, I scored 600/600 in Fine Art (AQA), is that worth something mentioning in my reference? The head of art department and my art teachers asked if I want it updated, but I'm not sure if it's necessary although it has its obvious connections with what I wish to study (architecture), but will it make much of a difference to my app? Do universities see ums marks or only the overall grades? Should I have that added to my reference?

Any information or advice on this would be really appreciated. thank you.

if there's new information you would like added then i guess it would be best to update the reference.....i think they would know your grade for the fine art course anyway, but if you think that putting it in the reference will help your application, then i guess you can ask for it to be added.....with regards to what the unis see, i really dont know....but i dont think it would matter as long as they receive your grade and you have met the offer....
Reply 8
thanks, adilmorrison. : )

I'm just wondering what other reapplicants normally do. Do they renew their reference or keep the same one? From looking at other threads, it seems like some do some don't, but what's the preferred choice? Or does that depend on the uni?
^^ I'm reapplying this year as well, I'm having my teacher re-write my references...
Reply 10
silk192
if there's new information you would like added then i guess it would be best to update the reference.....i think they would know your grade for the fine art course anyway, but if you think that putting it in the reference will help your application, then i guess you can ask for it to be added.....with regards to what the unis see, i really dont know....but i dont think it would matter as long as they receive your grade and you have met the offer....

There isn't much new information besides that really. Yeah, that's the thing, it's only worth putting it in my reference if it would help me with my app.

Latest

Trending

Trending