The Student Room Group

UCAS form and GCSE's...

I'm filling in my UCAS form and I've reached the dreaded bit where I put in my GCSE results, the ones I got by doing no bloody revision, (my second-biggest regret so far in life), and I don't really want to put my three C's down.
If I omitted them, would the universities still know I got a C in Art, PE and Electronics or not?
If I DO omit them, that leaves me with seven GCSE's on my UCAS form. Would I be better off with 7 A*-B or 10 A*-C on my form?
Also, I don't really want to put my unit scores down for my AS and A2 levels, will this go against my application?
Reply 1
You pretty much have to put them down, so yes.
Don't bother with the unit scores though, unless you have a few great ones you'd like to brag about :p:
If you miss them off, and they find out, which they will because they ask you to take your certificates + photocopies to interview. Then UCAS can forceably withdraw your application. GAME OVER.
Unfortunatly you do have to put them down but the AS/A level modules unless you cashed them in. You are however making me gues what your biggest regret was
Reply 4
i think if they've been certified, you're required to declare them...if someone got 10 A*s and a C and decided not to declare the C, it's unfair as it gives people the impression that they got straight A*s when that's not true.
I don't think they will care about the three C's if they're not relevant to what you're applying to. I have four :rolleyes:!!!
they can find out

it may seem better 7 A*-B, but then it looks like you've only done 7 GCSEs. Which makes you look thick. A lot of places do it on a points system anyway, rather than one person going "oh this chap got 3 Cs", so you'll get more points by putting them down, which can only increase your chances of getting in
Reply 7
Hmm.. looks like I'm putting them down then!
Thanks for your answers.
And I hope you're right, inksplodge. :smile:
Reply 8
Unless the C's were for English, Maths or Science [as they ask for minimum B's in these], I really don't think the universities will mind.

Latest

Trending

Trending