The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Teebs
Tokenism!:cool:

Yes, tokenism. We were so poor we could only buy food using Co-op Dividend Tokens. I literally never saw coinage or notes until I came up to Oxford on my unicycle*. Thanks to my life struggle, I am intellectually and morally your superior, if not economically.

*couldn't afford a bike with TWO wheels
Reply 21
ruddy hell fellas! I've known many uncouth scoundrels in my time and alas they may indeed be poor as ****e but they're often bloody nice chaps. Be gone fools.
Reply 22
Aconite

I live in that. Give me a scholarship. **** you all.

Ahem.
Teebs
I'm being oppressed!! Why is it that middle class white males are discriminated against and can't get anywhere in this country?! Anyway it's mummy and daddy's Mercedes and we have someone to do that for us.

I'm new middle class, Mum and Dad worked their way up from working class - so the chip on the shoulder, though to a lesser extent, has still been inherited.

Now, I'm off to stare at the Jack Wills website and die a little inside.
Well I have been told by many people that I only got in because I bribed the tutors in millions... :puppyeyes:
Reply 25
Aconite
Go and polish your Mercedes. The castle windows need a bit of a wash, too, you might want to get Soames to attend to that.

My daddy has a mercedes and he's common as muck. I think you mean the maybach darling (chortle)
Reply 26
southernlight
Well I have been told by many people that I only got in because I bribed the tutors in millions... :puppyeyes:

I tell everyone that I only got in because I took it like a man.
Reply 27
Teebs
You obviously don't own one, or you'd know that they don't need polishing. Their sheer class keeps the dirt away, a bit like me.

Well you obviously don't own half of Cornwall, driving around our estates get's the car awfully muddy.

And besides, you only got in because your parents couldn't afford to send you to Sandhurst.
Reply 28
Milady de Winter
Yes, tokenism. We were so poor we could only buy food using Co-op Dividend Tokens. I literally never saw coinage or notes until I came up to Oxford on my unicycle*. Thanks to my life struggle, I am intellectually and morally your superior, if not economically.

*couldn't afford a bike with TWO wheels

Sadly this means you'll end up using your intellectual superiority to make me richer when you work for me.
Aconite

So you didn't get in to Oxford... Oxford got in to you
Reply 30
Aconite

Unlike the other case, your story is actually true :yep:
Teebs
Sadly this means you'll end up using your intellectual superiority to make me richer when you work for me.

No, for the inevitable class struggle will climax with your bloody death at the workers' barricades. The Revolution is nigh, and will be led by educated ex-working class types such as myself, who will use the turmoil as an opportunity for political posturing and essentially screw over the oppressed working classes whence we sprung.
Reply 32
jjbristol
My daddy has a mercedes and he's common as muck. I think you mean the maybach darling (chortle)

I had to Google that, and don't they look lovely? Waste of money, though, really. They won't be quite as nice once someone's thrown up in the back, dropped crusty bread crumbs everywhere and stuffed half a banana between the seats.
Reply 33
Milady de Winter
No, for the inevitable class struggle will climax with your bloody death at the workers' barricades. The Revolution is nigh, and will be led by educated ex-working class types such as myself, who will use the turmoil as an opportunity for political posturing and essentially screw over the oppressed working classes whence we sprung.

You. You... you cad!

aconite
I had to Google that, and don't they look lovely? Waste of money, though, really. They won't be quite as nice once someone's thrown up in the back, dropped crusty bread crumbs everywhere and stuffed half a banana between the seats.

They're horredously unsubtle, much more suited to yanks than proper English upper classes.
Reply 34
Teebs

They're horredously unsubtle, much more suited to yanks than proper English upper classes.

If you were really upper class, you'd know that subtlety is ALL, and would therefore drive a clapped-out, stinking-of-incontinent-dog 1984 Ford Orion.

I enclose a picture, since in your bourgeoisie bubble, you won't know what it looks like.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Ford_Orion_´84_front.jpg

PS. I'm pretending you didn't mention my ex-school.
Reply 35
Aconite
If you were really upper class, you'd know that subtlety is ALL, and would therefore drive a clapped-out, stinking-of-incontinent-dog 1984 Ford Orion.

I enclose a picture, since in your bourgeoisie bubble, you won't know what it looks like.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Ford_Orion_´84_front.jpg

PS. I'm pretending you didn't mention my ex-school.

I admit it, I'm just an upper middle class wannabe! :cries:

P.S. You did mention my dad's Mercedes first.
Reply 36
I'm curious, now. What actually happened to spark this thread off? 'Oo did it to 'im?
Reply 37
Aconite
I'm curious, now. What actually happened to spark this thread off? 'Oo did it to 'im?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=14330149#post14330149

That, I got into an argument with The Menace and it irritated me.
Reply 38
Audrey Hepburn
Fixed.
:rofl: :toofunny:.

I like you, Audrey. Good work in the riddle thread, too.
Demon_AS
:rofl: :toofunny:.

I like you, Audrey. Good work in the riddle thread, too.

I like me too :awesome:

Latest

Trending

Trending