The Student Room Group

a Career in Optometry or Pharmacy.

Hey guys ive just joined. :colondollar:
I just wanted a bit of help with making my desicions, just a bit of advice.
im currently repeating AS again as i totally messed up my 1st year doing subjects english lang and lit, business, and pshcyology.
Grades were not great.
i decided that i want to persue a career in either pharmacy or optometry.

I dont have any of the subjects needed i have looked into the careers
and i am very Determined to put all my effort into chasing this dream!
However im not very bright in maths! and you need it for opt course in uni.
Im now im college doing, eng Lang, pshycology, sociology and Law including bio intensive evening course at a college.

Im currently double minded in taking chemistry or Maths.. Its just that my biggest fear is failing them as i have already wasted a year!

What are all of your suggestions please HELP :frown:
Reply 1
Take Chemistry. If you fail, University may not be for you.
Reply 2
oh and where could i find out more information about this? im double minded about pharmacy and optometry :frown:
Reply 3
No offence Plato but how can u say that uni wouldnt be for me if i fail chemistry not trying to b horrible or anything but thats a bit harsh isnt it?
Reply 4
What did you get in GCSE for maths and chemistry? Which do you like more?

And if you are willing to put lots and lots of effort, wouldn't doing both subjects make your application stronger?

Also, have you checked whether optometry/pharmacy take re-take students? Optometry is a competitive course from what I've heard as very few institutions do it..
Reply 5
yeah around 9 unis do it.. i havent looked into re-takes thats a thought thanks for that! maths im weak in Chem isnt very easy but then again i think id be better at it than maths. GCSE i got Cs for both as i was in hospital during my GCSES.

Latest