Reply 1
Course: Maths
College: Still undecided and time is running out :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Ooh... sorry to spam, but I can't believe a whole year has passed since I went through this whole process! Congratulations on applying to the best (and most prettiest :p: ) university! :smile:
Reply 3
Course: Combined honours in arts
College: Collingwood/van mildert - not really sure!!
Reply 4
Meeee WOO!!

course: modern languages :biggrin: french and ab initio italian :biggrin::biggrin:
college: no clue!! probs will just put 'no college preference' as theres no way in hell im gonna be able to get up there and visit:frown:
Reply 5
I just want to say something :colondollar:
DURHAM IS AN EXTREMELY SLOW UNIVERSITY !
So don't worry if they takes aaaaaages to give you offers/rejections, it's normal :yep:
Apart from that, good luck to all of youwith your application !
Reply 6
Course: (Theoretical?) Physics MSci
College: University (thought I may as well :smile: ).

Anatheme, agree with you there :smile:. My friend who is going to Oxford applied to Durham, and was invited to interview after he had received ALL his other offers, even from Oxford.
Reply 7
Vesta
-

create a bristol one :puppyeyes:
Reply 8
Course: Chemistry Bsc
College: Somewhere nice! Maybe Hild Bede?

By the way, is Durham as rigorous with their entry as cambridge or oxford? Or are they just like a 'normal' university? Sorry for hijacking :p:
I suppose I am (again...)

Course: Philosophy, Politics and Economics
College: University College (living in a castle would be just too cool :cool:)
Reply 10
Maximald
Course: Chemistry Bsc
College: Somewhere nice! Maybe Hild Bede?

By the way, is Durham as rigorous with their entry as cambridge or oxford? Or are they just like a 'normal' university? Sorry for hijacking :p:

They usually don't interview (except for borderline students) so they're more likely to be as strict as Oxbridge because they can only rely on the PS and the grades :s-smilie:
yay!! more durham peeps!

course = molecular biology and biochemistry
college = josephine butler
Reply 12
Alex121
Course: Combined honours in arts
College: Collingwood/van mildert - not really sure!!

Go for Mildert, even if it is just for the lake and ducks!
Reply 13
Anatheme
They usually don't interview (except for borderline students) so they're more likely to be as strict as Oxbridge because they can only rely on the PS and the grades :s-smilie:

Thanks, but arhh, oh no! I have no chance now! :frown: hahaha
Reply 14
i'm likely to apply..

course: music (:
college: collingwood probs don't know.
Reply 15
Course: Computer Science with a year in Europe
College: St Mary's

:biggrin:
Reply 16
and it begins... again...
(though that implies that it ever ended in between, hmm...)
ah well, good luck all :smile:
Reply 17
Maximald
Thanks, but arhh, oh no! I have no chance now! :frown: hahaha

Aww no, don't say that ! :console:
Every applicants stand a chance !

clozet
Meeee WOO!!

course: modern languages :biggrin: french and ab initio italian :biggrin::biggrin:
college: no clue!! probs will just put 'no college preference' as theres no way in hell im gonna be able to get up there and visit:frown:

Echolife
Course: Maths
College: Still undecided and time is running out :frown:

If you really want to apply to a specific college, then make pro/cons lists, with criteria such as how far it is from lectures, bailey colleges or not, how big it is, sport, etc. If you don't really mind which college you could go to, then make an open application :yep:

And by the way, other applicants, don't be surprised if they offer you a place but re-allocated you elsewhere ! It may not be the college you wanted but it can still be a great place to study so give it a chance if you really want to go to Durham ! :yep:
Reply 18
I want to apply, but not sure of if I'd get an offer/the oxbridge prejudice thing/general not good enough
Course: Geography BSc
College: St Mary's or Josephine Butler.

God, I really don't want to get rejected throughout :frown:
Course: Classics
College: No idea...

Latest