The Student Room Group

WILL universities find out

..if what papers you are resitting in january

For AS level i got an B for chem (1 mark off of an A) the school are sending off for a remark

i am applying for dentistry 2009 and alot of univeristies want an A for chem at A level so i would have to get real high A2 grade

however i was thinking mayb i could boost it up by retaking a module in january so i will get perhaps a high A

however will the univeristies know about this and will it matter in their decision

many thanks
Reply 1
See how the remark goes first..it seems one mark off is very hopeful indeed!
Reply 2
Malsi101
See how the remark goes first..it seems one mark off is very hopeful indeed!

How long does it usually take for remarks to come back?
I'm pretty sure any unis will know about your retakes, since you have to submit the grades you have at the moment before you apply.

EDIT: oh wait, sorry, you said remark.
Well, I think what I said still applies, unless you get the remark back before you apply to uni.

However, largely it's predicted grades that matter - like, overall predicted grades. So if you're predicted an A, they will probably pay more attention to that. That's what they'd make you an offer based on.

Also you didn't do awfully - a B, and a high B, is good. So don't worry too much.
Most people take at least one retake... It shouldn't matter in the slightest...
Reply 5
MAINMAN07
..if what papers you are resitting in january

For AS level i got an B for chem (1 mark off of an A) the school are sending off for a remark

i am applying for dentistry 2009 and alot of univeristies want an A for chem at A level so i would have to get real high A2 grade

however i was thinking mayb i could boost it up by retaking a module in january so i will get perhaps a high A

however will the univeristies know about this and will it matter in their decision

many thanks

Only very selective universities like Oxbridge and Imperial ask for module results. It totally depends on where you are applying.
I'm in a similar position, one mark short of an A, I sent mine to be remarked on Monday. I was told two weeks by my school and thirty days by the exam board (AQA)...
Reply 7
i'm not applying this year but how will unis know that you resat AS modules in January
Reply 8
sleekchic
i'm not applying this year but how will unis know that you resits AS modules in January

They won't.
Reply 9
thanks gottis

Latest

Trending

Trending