The Student Room Group

How to include gap year plans in personal statement. Applying for LLB Law Sept 2009

Hallo all,
I need some advice on how to include gap year plans in my personal statement. I already have my alevel grades (undertaken this year) so all I need to do is introduce gap year intentions into the personal statement. Anyone who has been in this situation, I would appreciate some help. Do I state everything which is planned? What I would like to gain from the experiance e.t.c.
Thanks

A Levels:
Geography: A
Sociology: A
Economics: A
General studies: C
I had a few friends who applied for defered entry last year and they pretty much just wrote a little paragraph towards the end of their personal statements explaining why they wanted a gap year and what they were going to do throughout the year.
If you are going on a gap year project etc its definately worth mentioning this!
I'm on a gap year too. I applied to uni last year but rejected all my offers because i did better than i thought at A2.

I wrote my PS in this format/order:

1. Intro to capture readers attention
2. Why the subject i'm applying for with reference to things i've done that relate to the subject - for example last year I applied to do History so i wrote about why History and then that i took my interests further by visiting Historical places etc
3. What i want to do in the future, or what career i would like to embark upon.
4. That i'm on a gap year - a short bit about what i am doing and how it relates to the course i'm applying for/any life skills or experience i will gain.
5. A little about myself, what i do in my spare time, any relevant achievements.
6. Short but sweet close to keep them thinking.

I tried to link it all together.. obviously you may be doing it your own way but thats what i did. Hope that helps!

Latest

Trending

Trending