The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

4G_dollars
Hetrophobia- someone who dislikes another for being hetrosexual...and it is very rampant in the gay/lesbian community....

discuss...

It is?

Somebody must have failed to mention it to me :rolleyes:
snoogy some homosexuals refer to straight people as 'breeders'. It is claimed the average homosexual earns 50 percent more than a straight male. So homophobia can't be all that bad.
Reply 3
I think people should leave each other in peace and bother about their own lives.

That said homosexuals actually do have a reason to dislike heteros because of all the disgusting discrimination they get. I can understand this much better than heteros hating gay people with such ferocity.
Reply 4
Solya
I think people should leave each other in peace and bother about their own lives.

That said homosexuals actually do have a reason to dislike heteros because of all the disgusting discrimination they get. I can understand this much better than heteros hating gay people with such ferocity.

What a great justification? Two wrongs don't make a right!
Reply 5
4G_dollars
Hetrophobia- someone who dislikes another for being hetrosexual...and it is very rampant in the gay/lesbian community....

discuss...

What evidence do you have that heterophobia is rampant? I mean, anyone could claim such a thing in the hope it won't be questioned.
Reply 6
Endangered Species is a troll by the way.
Just to let you know.
Back on to the point, yeah I would expect there are homosexuals that hate heterosexuals. Some will because they've been treated like dirt and have a right to and I suppose others may just feel that way perhaps because they feel marginalised.
As with any group of people, there will always be a vocal yet idiotic minority. Rather like the trollish minority our friend EndangeredSpecies is part of.
Reply 8
4G_dollars
What a great justification? Two wrongs don't make a right!

Never said they do. But you see, we usually hate people who do wrong to us?
And why is being gay doing wrong to others by definition? On the other hand, gay people are abused by heteros on a daily basis and I understand it might fuel some dislike in them.
My best friend of 4 years was gay and even I was discriminated against and harassed just because I was his friend.
I'm gay and I have plenty of gay friends and I've never heard of hetrophobia.

Of course there are going to be differences between hetro/homo worlds it's like the difference between men and women. Just because women whinge about men it doesn't make them androphobic (phobia of men, ta Google). I might whinge about people who love cars or straight men gawping over women but it doesn't make me hetrophobic.
Reply 10
The same can be applied to hetrosexuals who are abused by homosexuals...
RightSaidJames
As with any group of people, there will always be a vocal yet idiotic minority. Rather like the trollish minority our friend EndangeredSpecies is part of.

Repped :biggrin:
EndangeredSpecies
snoogy some homosexuals refer to straight people as 'breeders'. It is claimed the average homosexual earns 50 percent more than a straight male. So homophobia can't be all that bad.

Weirdest statistic of the week.

Any evidence?
Reply 13
Yeah some homosexual people may bear personal grudges towards heterosexual people because of past discrimmination and harrassment, and this may be found more often in 'gay' communities, but its hardly like every gay person in the country is conspiring to get back at the heterosexuals of this world.
If people would just accept the fact that its perfectly reasonable for a guy to like another guy adn for a woman to like another woman, then there wouldnt be that minority of gay people who are 'hetrophobic' (as you put it) in the first place.
Reply 14
Solya

Hmm, but then it's like racism, the other big prejudice.

White people can't make any reference to black people's skin tone, but black people can victimise white people and 'racism' isn't even thought of. I know that this is very rare, but while walking through town not so long ago, I passed a group of very tall, muscular black men who were holidaying. I turned my head to admire them - hell they were good looking - and they just looked at me and yelled "what are you looking at snowball?!" A white person couldn't say that with a certain name that will not be mentioned to a black person, so why is it tolerated towards a white person? Equal rights goes both ways, there's a clue in the name.

Also that shampoo advert that says 'we love red, we love gold, we love every colour - except white'. If that advert had said 'we love every colour - except black' there would be an uproar of racism fanatics, and it would be demanded to pay compensation or whatever, but no. I do find it offensive, it is not only racist, it is also ageist.

Please don't mistake me for saying that I am racist, this thought doesn't even enter my head, I am simply saying that what is true for one group of people should be true for another.

There shouldn't be any homophobia, but there is, so why shouldn't there be heterophobia too?
Reply 15
4G_dollars
The same can be applied to hetrosexuals who are abused by homosexuals...

I don't think you can compare the amount homos are being abused by heteros with heteros being abused by homos...

Anyway I never really heard of this hatred for heteros myself either. The majority of my friends are actually gay and I haven't heard any of them ranting about heteros or hating me for being straight...
pipkinlove

Back on to the point, yeah I would expect there are homosexuals that hate heterosexuals. Some will because they've been treated like dirt and have a right to and I suppose others may just feel that way perhaps because they feel marginalised.

That's just as bad as hating men because some men have treated you badly, or hating black people because some black people have been mean to you.

Tarring the majority with the same brush as an obnoxious minority is unacceptable *whatever* standpoint it's coming from, IMO. It doesn't make sense, and is very unfair.

... Oh God, I promised myself to stay out of this forum. :frown:
Reply 17
What a load of ill-informed and offensive b******s. When was the last time you heard of a group of gay men beating a straight man to death? I can think of at least three cases of it happening the other way around.

Yes, there is a case to be made that, occasionally, gay men refer to straight men as 'breeders'. However, show me a single case of this being done except in jest and I will eat my homosexual hat. It is something quite apart from the 'heterophobia' you ridiculously charge.
Reply 18
Solya
I don't think you can compare the amount homos are being abused by heteros with heteros being abused by homos...

Anyway I never really heard of this hatred for heteros myself either. The majority of my friends are actually gay and I haven't heard any of them ranting about heteros or hating me for being straight...

Don't portrays the victims of hetrophobia and homophobia as statistics...they are humans...

Why not tell that to the victims of hetrophobia? I am sure it will ease their pains knowing this...

Just because you don't know of any gay person who are hetrophobic does not mean it does not exist...
Reply 19
NaiGnome
Hmm, but then it's like racism, the other big prejudice.

White people can't make any reference to black people's skin tone, but black people can victimise white people and 'racism' isn't even thought of. I know that this is very rare, but while walking through town not so long ago, I passed a group of very tall, muscular black men who were holidaying. I turned my head to admire them - hell they were good looking - and they just looked at me and yelled "what are you looking at snowball?!" A white person couldn't say that with a certain name that will not be mentioned to a black person, so why is it tolerated towards a white person? Equal rights goes both ways, there's a clue in the name.

Also that shampoo advert that says 'we love red, we love gold, we love every colour - except white'. If that advert had said 'we love every colour - except black' there would be an uproar of racism fanatics, and it would be demanded to pay compensation or whatever, but no. I do find it offensive, it is not only racist, it is also ageist.

Please don't mistake me for saying that I am racist, this thought doesn't even enter my head, I am simply saying that what is true for one group of people should be true for another.

There shouldn't be any homophobia, but there is, so why shouldn't there be heterophobia too?

Yeah I understand what you mean. As soon as one group of ppl is declared a minority even the slightest reference to them gets ppl crying out 'racism!!'. This is why I said we should all leave each other in peace, I'm fed up with this hyped up oversensitivity of minority groups just as much as with the blatant discrimination they suffer.

Latest

Trending

Trending