The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What time did you get the offer?? Havent heard anything myself. Was it your first choice??
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
nope nothing yet but congrats on your offer!
Reply 3
I honestly cant remember what order I put them. But I put preferences for everything, and a big note at the bottom that I really didnt mind what I got, even sharing.
Reply 4
hingus2000
I honestly cant remember what order I put them. But I put preferences for everything, and a big note at the bottom that I really didnt mind what I got, even sharing.

No worries, congrats on getting an offer anyways. What course are you studying?
Reply 5
Law.

ive been looking forward to uni for ages, but obviously not having accomm was a lingering worry to say the least, just glad I can relax and really get buzzing now. Good luck with your accomm guys, one way or another it will work out.
i got an inter-coll offfer too... Hughes parry, yay!
Reply 7
Aww that's great! I got International! But I had to reject it as I also got an offer from King's just an hour later, for Hampstead! :confused: International is far better imo, but Hampstead is a fair bit cheaper, and I think I'd rather have self-catered.

That's good that you lot got places though.

sds24, have you still not heard anything? King's will be getting a load of rooms free soon though, and so will the Intercollegiates. If you still hear nothing by October 1st, remember that you have to reapply to King's to be considered again for accommodation.

Good luck! Keep us updated :smile:
Reply 8
good question bruv, I want to move in this weekend. The letter from them says from the 21st, but get in touch if you want to come earlier. Emailed them with a few questions and they replied saying 'unfortunately that is not possible'. Dont know if that means I cant move in this weekend, or was just an answer to another question lol!
Reply 9
Those of you with offers from the intercols, are you just accepting by email, and attaching the forms?
Reply 10
hingus2000
good question bruv, I want to move in this weekend. The letter from them says from the 21st, but get in touch if you want to come earlier. Emailed them with a few questions and they replied saying 'unfortunately that is not possible'. Dont know if that means I cant move in this weekend, or was just an answer to another question lol!

Oh, I'd imagine that means you can't move in then :frown:

Give them a ring now and see if anyone answers, as apparently some places have 24hour receptions. If not, first thing tomorrow morning you need to call them. Maybe you could persuade them over the phone, or even if you just stayed in one of the guest rooms for a week, but I doubt they'd let you move your stuff into that room, mind.

Plus, wouldn't you be the only person there?

Oh, but thinking about it, before I applied for the waiting list I asked them if it would be possible to move in this Sat, and they said theoretically, yes.
Reply 11
pcok
Aww that's great! I got International! But I had to reject it as I also got an offer from King's just an hour later, for Hampstead! :confused: International is far better imo, but Hampstead is a fair bit cheaper, and I think I'd rather have self-catered.

That's good that you lot got places though.

sds24, have you still not heard anything? King's will be getting a load of rooms free soon though, and so will the Intercollegiates. If you still hear nothing by October 1st, remember that you have to reapply to King's to be considered again for accommodation.

Good luck! Keep us updated :smile:

Nope I still havent heard anything but im not expecting to soon because im a second year so will only get an offer if they have given one to every first year that applied I think because i dont have priority. I guess I just have to wait and see if anything opens up.
Reply 12
sds24
Nope I still havent heard anything but im not expecting to soon because im a second year so will only get an offer if they have given one to every first year that applied I think because i dont have priority. I guess I just have to wait and see if anything opens up.

Unlucky. Were you in halls last year then?

What you doing in the meantime, staying with a mate?
Reply 13
Yeah I was in halls last year so would love another year but if not I will probably have to commute until I get a place.
Reply 14
Did anyone get confirmation of receipt of their application? Anyone still waiting (me aside)?
your lucky for getting offers, i have nothing so far!!

I think there just going to miss me out you know!
Reply 16
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
your lucky for getting offers, i have nothing so far!!

I think there just going to miss me out you know!

I get the same feeling although it did seem as though there were loads of places still free, I counted at least 200. How many people could have applied??
sds24
I get the same feeling although it did seem as though there were loads of places still free, I counted at least 200. How many people could have applied??

i feel your pain bro!

Well on tsr there maybe around 50 odd that applied, and considering people from all of the country emailed and came to sign for 4 or so different unis there maybe 500+ people that signed!

I jus may have given up on halls now..
Reply 18
I_used_to_love_H.E.R
i feel your pain bro!

Well on tsr there maybe around 50 odd that applied, and considering people from all of the country emailed and came to sign for 4 or so different unis there maybe 500+ people that signed!

I jus may have given up on halls now..

You could be right, that does not look too good now does it. Ah well, I think it cannot hurt to be a little optimistic and just hope that we all get something. Couldnt be in the region of 500 surely.
Reply 19
sds24

What do you mean, you counted at least 200? Like how, where?

Latest