The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've heard most people buy the UniRider yearly pass which is £150. I think it's valid on Stagecoach + MagicBus. Oh the days of free travel. :frown:
Reply 2
Ah right. So how does that compare to the weekly(?) MagicBus (etc.) tickets?
tymbnuip
Ah right. So how does that compare to the weekly(?) MagicBus (etc.) tickets?

bloody awesome value for money!! get the uni rider online or during freshers week and u can get 10% off. don't get magicbus cos you can only use them on magic buses. get the unirider and u can use em on stagecoach buses too.
Unirider is amazing! I bought one last year and it's seriously one of the best things I've ever bought. Saves you loads of time cos you don't have to wait for just a Magic Bus or whatever. I got the term ones which cost slightly more overall but worked out fine for me because I didn't have to cough up the whole amount in one go.
Reply 5
I'm living at Whitworth but working in the centre, should i get a unirider?
Beckieee
I'm living at Whitworth but working in the centre, should i get a unirider?

get it anyway. so on your late drunken nights out you can get the 43 at 4:00am when magic bus services don't operate sunday to thursday at 3am/4am in the morning.

it means you can go to the trafford centre aswell with a unirider which you cant with a magic.

demand is elastic; so magic muses are crammed/jam packed esp. at 8:45am so you are better off getting on a stagecoach (with your uni rider) and actually finding a seat.

I miss Manchester :bawling:
Reply 7
hermaphrodite
get it anyway. so on your late drunken nights out you can get the 43 at 4:00am when magic bus services don't operate sunday to thursday at 3am/4am in the morning.

it means you can go to the trafford centre aswell with a unirider which you cant with a magic.

demand is elastic; so magic muses are crammed/jam packed esp. at 8:45am so you are better off getting on a stagecoach (with your uni rider) and actually finding a seat.

I miss Manchester :bawling:

Great advice cheers, i'll pick one up when i get there :biggrin: trafford centre :love:

you not at manchester anymore? :frown:
Reply 8
So how frequent are the Stagecoaches to the Magic Buses? Is it valid on all Stagecoach buses on the Oxford Road route?

I just worry that I would lose it.....
Reply 9
i didnt get a unirider last year and regretted it. i bought a magicpass (£5) (only magic)or a smartrider (£6 (allows u on magic and stagecoach) every week which was a bitch on a monday when there was a massive queue for everyone buying one!

Stagecoaches arent as frequent as the magic bus but dont forget the magic buses come every minute!

The magic bus pass is only valid on oxford road to didsbury. The unirder can be used all across manchester, seriously consider getting it. its a gem!

One reason I didnt get it cause I thought Id loose it too but I realised that if u loose a uni rider u can get a replacement yet if u loose ur magic bus weekly pass u have to buy a brand new one! grrr oh and thankfully i never lost mine so tht showed me i might as well buy a unirider and it makes transport seem free all year!
oh and another good reason - bus prices have gone up on magic bus

single journey is now 1 quid
bus pass for week = 6 quid only magic buses and 7 quid for magic and stagecoach
unirider= you can use on both stagecoach and m/b

magic = you can only use on m/b
Reply 12
I don't know whether to get a yearly one or not.....I'm gonna be staying in weston hall, which is about a 15min brisk walk to the Chemistry building. I'd prefer to walk (when it isn't chucking it down) and get a bit of excercise. Out of experience, does anyone think that it would work out cheaper for me to get a yearly pass, or just pay for the bus when I get it? - I don't really have any idea if I'd need to use it much.
in manchester it rains alot .....
Reply 14
LOL! Good answer. Umbrellas are cheaper though :P
Reply 15
im unsure for myself...im in Wright Robinson, and i walked from picadlly to kilburn building when i went to visit in only 10miniute (and as im aware wright robinson is near the station and centre)

So drunken nights out i can walk home? unless they are down in the student village (and i dont drink much).. unsure if all this justifies me to get one, or just to get one been lazy
If you're staying in North Campus accommodation then you definitely won't be needing a Unirider because you're close to all the clubs etc. and you can get the free bus to Oxford Road Students' Union.
Reply 17
this may be a really stupid question, but are the buses in manchester mainly stagecoach?
Miu
this may be a really stupid question, but are the buses in manchester mainly stagecoach?

Yup they have a monopoly on most routes around the city.
Miu

you could always board a finglands aka minglands

Latest

Trending

Trending