Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

best low cost electronic note taking device

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    any offers?

for uni lectures, laptop just doesn't have enough battery power and all i really want is to not have to re-write notes to make them digital.

something with a decent screen and keyboard with note writing functionality is what i want
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.danedigital.com/6-Zpen/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I was looking for something exactly this. The problem with the pens is that you still need standard paper - I was hoping to be able to input directly on to a screen. I don't seem to be able to find anything like this though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Asus EEE?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    By wanting a screen you increase your cost. You can take notes with a pda like an ipaq but the screen is rather small. I can take notes on my tablet pc, but this is towards the expensive end of the spectrum.

TBH I just wrote my notes in biro and stapled them together. And I did computer science .
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuvle)
    http://www.danedigital.com/6-Zpen/
    now *that* is a pretty badass invention. something tells me it wont play nice with linux however

i think maybe i will just go pen and paper after all....
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Psion Series 5?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    now *that* is a pretty badass invention. something tells me it wont play nice with linux however

i think maybe i will just go pen and paper after all....
    "All files generated by the ZPEN can be viewed on MAC OS X and several versions of Linux (see section INK PEN & VIEWER on this FAQ), but there is no conversion software available today for these systems."
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Budgety PDA and a fold-out bluetooth keyboard?.. PDAs tend to have a better battery life than laptops when just note-taking, and most of them come with a copy of word. And you can choose to save it in Office 2003 .doc format (along with .rtf and .txt I believe), so no nasty .docx to hinder you Linux experience
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the look of this, personally:

A mighty 64mb ram, and a 400mhz processor! (also has touch screen)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob801)
    "All files generated by the ZPEN can be viewed on MAC OS X and several versions of Linux (see section INK PEN & VIEWER on this FAQ), but there is no conversion software available today for these systems."
    iiiinteresting...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A PDA probably is the best way to go, unless you need to jot down formulae and exotic symbols.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 13, 2008
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.