The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
IF your carrying all your AS's onto a2, enter it as an A2 and put the grade as pending. You can enter ur unit marks for the first 3 units if u want to show Unis, or u can ask ur referee to add it to his reference.
ye - write as A2 in ucas, with the unit marks down.
Reply 3
hey so im in the same situation and i did what you both suggested. I put my overall A2 grade as pending and entered the first 3 units of my AS, leaving the remaining 3 as pending, however, now it says ' grades are mandatory for completed examinations" ....help? :smile:
kiki_B
hey so im in the same situation and i did what you both suggested. I put my overall A2 grade as pending and entered the first 3 units of my AS, leaving the remaining 3 as pending, however, now it says ' grades are mandatory for completed examinations" ....help? :smile:

SAME!
Reply 5
you may have put that date as june this year, as you won't complete the A level till next june, you have to put June 2009, therfore it's not a completed examination and requires no grades.
GBM
you may have put that date as june this year, as you won't complete the A level till next june, you have to put June 2009, therfore it's not a completed examination and requires no grades.

THANKS!
Reply 7
Mind you, You can only stick the unit marks down if ur AS has been cashed in and your not re-sitting.
Reply 8
So they wont know my AS grade?
Reply 9
rotor
So they wont know my AS grade?

They wont know ur AS grade, but they can work it out if u put all 3 units marks in.
But I thought that if you cashed in your AS levels then you list them all firstly as ASs and then do an overall grade and them add them again as A2s pending
Reply 11
starcarton
But I thought that if you cashed in your AS levels then you list them all firstly as ASs and then do an overall grade and them add them again as A2s pending

I'm pretty sure that this is correct.
BioSam
I'm pretty sure that this is correct.

You can do either. If you put your unit grades for AS and the A2 units as pending, the Uni can see what you got for AS cos it'll be obvious that someone who got AAA will have got an A overall in that subject, for example.
Reply 13
Why can't they just make it simple.
Reply 14
starcarton

Yes.

For example, my UCAS form had something along the lines of this on it:

AS French: A
AS Further Maths: Pending
AS General Studies: B
AS Mathematics: A
AS Music Technology: A
AS Psychology: A

A-level French: Pending
A-level Further Mathematics: Pending
A-level General Studies: Pending
A-level Mathematics: Pending
A-level Psychology: Pending

...and so on.

If your school's cashed in your AS grades you have to declare them separately to the full A-levels (but you don't need to put in unit marks).
You can't add UMS get them written in your reference if they are good
You add unit grades in when you add a subject and add each unit
Reply 16
nuodai
Yes.

For example, my UCAS form had something along the lines of this on it:

AS French: A
AS Further Maths: Pending
AS General Studies: B
AS Mathematics: A
AS Music Technology: A
AS Psychology: A

A-level French: Pending
A-level Further Mathematics: Pending
A-level General Studies: Pending
A-level Mathematics: Pending
A-level Psychology: Pending

...and so on.

If your school's cashed in your AS grades you have to declare them separately to the full A-levels (but you don't need to put in unit marks).

WTF?..thats a bit stupid.
Reply 17
A Stranger in Moscow
You can do either. If you put your unit grades for AS and the A2 units as pending, the Uni can see what you got for AS cos it'll be obvious that someone who got AAA will have got an A overall in that subject, for example.

But what if the person has ABB or even AAB? Without UMS marks there's no way to tell whether they got an A or B overall. Guessing's probably even harder if the grades are dispersed: BCE, for example.
Reply 18
If your grade isn't cashed in at AS Level can you put the overall grade as pending but still enter individual module grades? When would you put the certificated date as? Thanks - the UCAS website really should be more explanatory.
Reply 19
jdfan
If your grade isn't cashed in at AS Level can you put the overall grade as pending but still enter individual module grades? When would you put the certificated date as? Thanks - the UCAS website really should be more explanatory.

I put the certificated date as the date when i sat the exam...so June 2008.

Latest

Trending

Trending