The Student Room Group

Transferring Courses - Is this possible?

Hi

I'm begin to start my course at LJMU next week. However, I'm having second thoughts. I don't like where I'm living and am doing a course that differs to the original one I applied for.

I've been looking at Leeds Met and would like to transfer there to do my original course. I have the correct grade requirements etc And the Leeds course is £1345 cheaper than LJMU! My financial situation is also a problem with me living away from home - I'd live at home if I were to be accepted at Leeds.

I don't enjoy living here but I know I have to give the course a chance.

Anyway..! What is the likelyhood that Leeds would allow me to transfer? I think I may drop out and reapply next yr if they didn't accept me.

Thank you. (Sorry but I'm just looking for an answer to my question and nothing to do with if I'm making the wrong choice or anything! ta)

Edit - Oh and I would have actually chose Leeds Met as an original choice but it didn't appear on UCAS the time I applied! I applied fairly early and therefore wasn't aware that they did the course.
Reply 1
are they in clearing for the course? if so, ring them up and ask them to take you. if they do, you'll have to ring up ljmu to be released.
i know someone who is going to imperial but applying to oxford as well, so they'll just leave imperial for ox if they get in. so it's possible to do that, yeah :P
Reply 2
The course isn't in clearing no :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending