The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Are you doing A2 general studies? If so, yes.
no
if you are doing it as A2, dont put it under AS as well:smile:
this is because the A2 subjects ask for all 6 modules, which include the 3 you took at AS
Reply 3
Were your AS-levels cashed in? On your results sheets, do you have "Law - 254/300 (A)" or just the module results?
Reply 4
Thats why its so confusing different people say different things
Reply 5
and no just module
Reply 6
If you just had the module results, you don't have the AS-levels cashed in, so just put down the AS you've dropped and the rest as A2s (with the AS module grades included).
Reply 7
Gosh, I'm confused in exactly the same way. Can't offer any help, but you're not alone :P.
Reply 8
ok well I was going to ask my tutor but shes unavailable at the moment so im annoyed coz ive heard different from my college and people on here
Reply 9
From http://www.ucas.com/students/startapplication/apply09/education/quals:

You must list all subjects that have been certificated (also known as 'claimed' or 'cashed in') at GCE AS level. This includes subjects which you are taking on to A level. You should include a subject even if you are re-sitting an AS unit to improve your A level grade.

So, UCAS say that you should enter them as both AS and A2s, provided they are cashed in.
Reply 10
I think they should have an example one you can look at
vickialice
Well I did 4 As levels and carrying 3 on to A2

On my UCAS for ive put

GCE Advanced Level
English Language and Literature
General Studies
History
Law

GCE Advanced Subsidiary
English Language & Literature
General Studies
History
Law
Sociology

is this right im confused

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

You need to put it like this:

GCE Advanced Level
English Language and Literature
General Studies
History
Law

GCE Advanced Subsidiary
Sociology

That's how everyone did it at my school when we applied, what the other user posted in reference to what is on the UCAS website is referring to resit which you need to put as pending.

If you do it the way you have UCAS will email you asking you to change it to the way it has to be. Someone made a mistake on their form and needed to correct it and that will just make the process longer and delay your unis recieving your application.
Reply 12
ugh what a confusing process plus do you have to put your GCSEs in aswell

Latest

Trending

Trending