The Student Room Group
Formal, but not ridiculously long-winded, arrogant and pompous.
Reply 2
I think you should just write how you would normally write and what comes natural to you. My friend used very formal language whereas I didn't, but we both got accepted at the same universities.
Reply 3
Whatever style you would normally write an essay in. Don't get too hung up on it, otherwise if you try really hard to write in a specific style it might sound a bit hollow and false.
Reply 4
i wrote lyk diz init blud lolz sfeee let me in2 uni coz i iz brrrrre kl init looolz roflmaoo heheheh
skeen yeah sfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xOx

Okay, thats not true! I wrote in formal english but not using long words that the tutor would know that I didn't know the meaning of.
Reply 5
it should be formal but as others have said easy to understand. NEVER use words if you are unsure of their meaning and if you can get your english teacher to go over it..helps A LOT!
You shouldn't use abbreviations and things, and should be formal. But don't focus on that more than other things.
Reply 7
start of with yo'
Reply 8
A Stranger in Moscow
Formal, but not ridiculously long-winded, arrogant and pompous.

Ditto
Reply 9
star with "cool blud, I wanna study at ur institution init" Nah i was joking, do it in formal English, but don't sound arrogant or anything :smile:
Ya, avoid pomposity at all cost!

Latest

Trending

Trending