The Student Room Group
You sit and register for the BMAT next year. Relax.
Reply 2
Toiletpaper8
You sit and register for the BMAT next year. Relax.

Thanks! That comes as a relief! I almost thought i had been an idiot and should have prepared over the summer!
But i dont understand how it works, you apply to uni in October of year 13, give the BMAT in November of year 13. How does that work? Or am i badly confused :confused: :confused:
Reply 3
You do your BMAT after applying
So when you apply you still have NOT taken the BMAT and therefore have no idea of what kind of marks you will get
Reply 4
*Princess*
You do your BMAT after applying
So when you apply you still have NOT taken the BMAT and therefore have no idea of what kind of marks you will get

Thanks for clearing my confusion, but isnt that weird! I heard that the BMAT was a great deciding factor in decision for who is going to be interviewed! I am new to the UK and hence havent done the GCSEs!! So.. how are they going to decide whether i deserve an interview or not! I thought BMAT is a place i could prove myself in as i dont have much extra curricular as well, but from reading threads i concur that its not that important! I have done work experience and will continue to do so!!
Reply 5
The results of your BMAT are sent to the universities that you have applied to that require it.
Reply 6
that's one of the sucky things about the BMAT; you apply to your unis before you know what you've got. in some places like UCL, if you gain a score of 5, 5 and 9, you're guaranteed an interview. i think imperial may have a similar cut off as well, but i don't know about oxbridge.
basically, you send off your ucas form and then work your butt off to get a good score. that's my plan anyways.
Reply 7
LuluMumma
The results of your BMAT are sent to the universities that you have applied to that require it.

Thanks, i understand that!

lotusx
that's one of the sucky things about the BMAT; you apply to your unis before you know what you've got. in some places like UCL, if you gain a score of 5, 5 and 9, you're guaranteed an interview. i think imperial may have a similar cut off as well, but i don't know about oxbridge.
basically, you send off your ucas form and then work your butt off to get a good score. that's my plan anyways.

Thats a lot of good info! Thanks a lot mate
I guess one will have to follow your plan.

But i still dont get one thing..
If your results are send to unis directly (result date 1st dec) dont they have real less time to decide???
I heard that many people are interviewed by dec and it seems if your not called by then, you dont get one :s-smilie:

So.. anyone shed some light?
Imperial's cut of is around 4.5, 4.5, 8.5.

And if you're an international student, you may not have to sit the BMAT. Check the BMAT site.

And people are interviewed, e.g. at Imperial, in descending BMAT order. So if you have a high BMAT you will get interviewed first. Interviews carry on until March/early April.
Reply 9
Toiletpaper8
Imperial's cut of is around 4.5, 4.5, 8.5.

And if you're an international student, you may not have to sit the BMAT. Check the BMAT site.

And people are interviewed, e.g. at Imperial, in descending BMAT order. So if you have a high BMAT you will get interviewed first. Interviews carry on until March/early April.

That helped, thanks!
So here is the scenario.. you get the results on 1st dec.. so do they unis that you have applied to and they need it. They then assess them and call you for an interview process that can last upto march. But then.. how to people get interview in december (just curiosity, most of my confusion seems solved)
divinelord
That helped, thanks!
So here is the scenario.. you get the results on 1st dec.. so do they unis that you have applied to and they need it. They then assess them and call you for an interview process that can last upto march. But then.. how to people get interview in december (just curiosity, most of my confusion seems solved)

Simple. The Unis get your results before you do.
Reply 11
Toiletpaper8
Simple. The Unis get your results before you do.

Thanks!
Rep+
divinelord
Thanks!
Rep+

Cheers :smile: Good luck with your AS's :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending