The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lawrywild
lol no no, as soon as I enter conversation I tend to smile a lot more and laugh. I keep a straight face only when I'm just walking around/on my own/stuck on the tube etc. (although usually I am genuinely stressed/pissed off when cramped on the tube (6'1" + tube in rush hour just does not go).

Oh my god, you are 6'1''!!!!?? You are SO tall!!!! (To me you are!)HAHA I bet nobody will smile like a silly when they're on their own:biggrin: because it will look a bit stupid really~I once say a guy smiling to himself all the way on the train and I was freaked out a bit because he sat next to me.
Then I think you are very normal then : )) people do start smiling and laughing when they start a conversation!! (Same for me, it's just that I am a bit shy and lose my tongue occasionally, but it all depends whom I am talkin to, like the guy I mentioned above, I wouldn't know what to say next:rolleyes: )
Reply 21
I know the last post was over 3 weeks but ah well; here goes.

Just because a guy does not smile back at you does not mean he doesn't like you.
I work at my big local super market and meet possibly hundreds of girls a day, from the ugly to the extreme hot girls to teenagers to 20+ years old. Personally, I never knew I was very good-looking but almost every single girl gives me quadruple glances, staring me down or smiling at me. Eye contact all the time, can hardly do my job!

For some unknown reason no matter how good-looking the girl is I just cannot smile back for some reason! Its very annoying and I don't know why! I try but can usually only give a small smirk! :s-smilie: It depends what mood I'm in as well. I'm a friendly and talkative-ish guy but nevertheless.... no smiles!
I get angry at myself because I'm positive girls get annoyed at me for not smiling back and I feel guilty afterwards!

What I'm trying to say is, 99% chance that its a problem on the guys side that hes not smiling back!
Hopefully this helped some people! :wink:

EDIT:

I'm 17 years old BTW.
Reply 22
lawlers
I know the last post was over 3 weeks but ah well; here goes.

Just because a guy does not smile back at you does not mean he doesn't like you.
I work at my big local super market and meet possibly hundreds of girls a day, from the ugly to the extreme hot girls to teenagers to 20+ years old. Personally, I never knew I was very good-looking but almost every single girl gives me quadruple glances, staring me down or smiling at me. Eye contact all the time, can hardly do my job!

For some unknown reason no matter how good-looking the girl is I just cannot smile back for some reason! Its very annoying and I don't know why! I try but can usually only give a small smirk! :s-smilie: It depends what mood I'm in as well. I'm a friendly and talkative-ish guy but nevertheless.... no smiles!
I get angry at myself because I'm positive girls get annoyed at me for not smiling back and I feel guilty afterwards!

What I'm trying to say is, 99% chance that its a problem on the guys side that hes not smiling back!
Hopefully this helped some people! :wink:

EDIT:

I'm 17 years old BTW.

Yer i do the same haha

Latest

Trending

Trending