Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Converting a 2:2 into American GPA

Announcements Posted on
At uni or currently applying? Take our short accommodation survey to win one of 5 x £20 Amazon vouchers 25-06-2016
  1. Offline


    Can anyone tell me the equivalent of a British 2:2 degree in US GPA system?

  2. Offline

  3. Offline

    Thanks holdyourcolour.

    Also it would be great if someone who has applied to a postgraduate Uni or a job in US could give some tips on how he/she converted their degrees officially and what organisation they used.

  4. Offline

    You can use a company like josef silny to officially convert your degree to us equivalents. This company is recognised by a number of schools and organizations including the us governments. its costs around $200 depending on the days you want it to be completed, and whether you want extra copies and gpa equivalents. you just to send a copy of your official transcript. I have used them and it the service was easy to use. the website is www.jsilny.com there are other companies that offer similar service like wes educational. hope this helps
  5. Offline

    what would a low 2.2 such as 50% be? 3.0gpa?
  6. Offline



Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 16, 2009
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Which way did you want the referendum to go?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.