The Student Room Group
Reply 1
as far as i can recall of my chem classes (which is not a lot, but i'll try), esters have the -COOR group (where the R group is an alkyl group and never a hydrogen) but ethers have a -COC- group

i think...
Reply 2
and sorry no pics, will try tomorrow to find some, i know there's a good site on my veeerry long favourites/bookmarks list, if i can find it!
Reply 3
ahh, so an ester has to have one oxygen double bonded to a carbon, and another oxygen single bonded to the same carbon?
Reply 4
yep
have to say something random, damn 10 character minimum!
Reply 5
Mussycat
yep
have to say something random, damn 10 character minimum!

Thanks m8, i got a crap book.... dosen't tell me much. Maybe I should try opening the page..... :rolleyes:
Reply 6
yes that may help, that's only a guess though...hehe
Reply 7
Mussycat
yes that may help, that's only a guess though...hehe

:aetsch:
Reply 8
which textbook you got? which exam board?
Reply 9
Mussycat
which textbook you got? which exam board?

OCR, School text book, Chemistry... :confused:
Reply 10
yeah the same for me
A2 book is crappy, get the revision guide with the pic of the boney hand with thumbs up (sorry, i'm rubbish at describin stuff) or the letts one even, the ocr endorsed book is pretty crud
Reply 11
Mussycat
yeah the same for me
A2 book is crappy, get the revision guide with the pic of the boney hand with thumbs up (sorry, i'm rubbish at describin stuff) or the letts one even, the ocr endorsed book is pretty crud

yea :smile: Thanks for being up at 3.00am, lol, that's what that rep is for :biggrin:
Reply 12
ok i don't wanna sound stupid but i am a newbie so i will sound stupid, but what is rep? and how do you give +ve or -ve rep?

and i'm gonna be up all night doing *groan* p3 integration got exam on 10th jan and i had to basically teach p3 to myself, as well as teaching myself half of p2 last year, my maths dept at college is a shambles
Reply 13

Latest

Trending

Trending