The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Question about Kingston University Lecture Rooms!

I had a look at penrhyn road campus cos thats where i'll be located and had a look at the lecture rooms!

I was expecting to see a gigantic theatre with the seats getting higher but instead, what i saw was what looked like a classroom!

Although the seats were like what you'd expect in the theatre (when you stand up the bottom seat goes up, to sit down, you pull the bottom seat down) but the entire room was flat, it wasnt getting higher and it was quite small and i think what i saw was a lecture room cos it said "lecture theatre" on the door.

Are all the lecture theatres in penryhn road like this? Cos if they are then i'm really disappointed. I loved the lecture rooms in kingston hill, cos they looked like the ones where the seats get higher and the room was MASSIVE aswell, just like a proper lecture theatre, so are there any lecture theatres like that in the penryhn road campus??

Does anyone know???

Please help!!

Thanks in advance!!
Reply 1
Does no one really not know anything about penrhyn road campus lecture rooms??

Have i posted in the wrong section of this forum or what??
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
In the new building at Penrhyn Road the lecture theatres on the higher floors are generally flat, while the larger lecture theatres, on the ground floor are raised. The lecture theatres in the main building are all raised. =)
Reply 3
PaulaTwouble
In the new building at Penrhyn Road the lecture theatres on the higher floors are generally flat, while the larger lecture theatres, on the ground floor are raised. The lecture theatres in the main building are all raised. =)

Thanks so much for your reply paula! :biggrin:

So does the lectures rooms that students go to for class, vary?

Like, one day they'll go to the flat lecture rooms and another day they'll go to the lecture rooms in the main building that are raised?

Or could there be a possibility that ALL your lecture classes will be in the room that is flat?

Sorry about this, just want to make sure!

Thanks in advance!
It varies. Last semester I had lectures for one module in a raised room on the ground floor of the new building & all the rest were in flat rooms. It depends on what rooms are avaliable when and what resources your lecturer needs, what subject you're doing, how many people are in the class etc.
What subject are you doing? =]
Reply 5
I went Penrhyn Road (dump) .... and yes the lecture theatres were classrooms. they had like 8 rows of seats, I coulnd't stop laughing, joke place
Reply 6
FM08
I went Penrhyn Road (dump) .... and yes the lecture theatres were classrooms. they had like 8 rows of seats, I coulnd't stop laughing, joke place

Yes, the animated image next to your username sums the place up quite nicely.

Latest

Trending

Trending