The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

ok guys, need your help! (Bsc Economics with law at SOAS)

Hey

ok im thinking of applying for Bsc Economics with law at SOAS in 2009, as im unsure whether i want to do economics or law. If i wanted to become a lawyer, would this course a be giving me a Bsc in Law as well as a Bsc in economics ?

If i had a Bsc in law, what would i need to do to convert that into an llb and have a decent shot at law school ????
basically id really like it if someone could tell me how i would go about registering for law school after the bsc economics and law course

thanks!!!!
Reply 1
The course will give you a BA in Economics and Law where SOAS do give the option of an extention to an LLB with an extra year of studying which allows progress into a LPC course at a Law school

Alternatively, with a BA in Law, you can also progress to law school but you will firstly need to undergo a GDL conversion course which, from what I have heard, is very intensive and then you will need to do the standard LPC.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
I'm thinking of applying for BA Law & Economics too - what AS subjects are you taking?
I would think really seriously before combining anything with Law because its not easy to change and it is expensive and time consuming to "convert " the degree. Law is intense enough on its own and apparently the Law BA joint degrees are the hardest workload wise
Reply 4
Hmm thanks for the advice. I might just go for Economics straight after all... :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending