The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Greg Fester
A man, clearly miserable, is explaining to his golfing colleague/s that he and wife are not speaking to one another and that all they do to communicate is leave each other little notes. After commiserating with him his friend/s suggest a game of golf the following day, to which he agrees.
Back at home and clearly the worse for wear, he finds his wife reading and watching TV clearly not in the talking mood. There are notes everywhere for him such as `so and so called' and `your dinners in the oven' etc.
When it is time for bed he thrusts a note into his wife's hands which says `I have an appointment at 6 am. Please wake me at 5!'
Dog tired he sets his alarm and sleeps the sleep of the dead. He wakes up very sleepy and suddenly swings his legs out of bed, wiping his eyes he grabs the alarm clock which tells him its 9 am. He stands up in a rage and as he grabs his dressing gown a piece of paper falls to the floor. It is a note from his wife which reads ` Wake up! It's 5 am.'

I am interested in this idea. :smile: Do you mind if I use it? :biggrin:
Reply 41
Original post by thornwivans
A salesman knocks on a guys door and is dressed in old clothes and starts trying to sell him a really old style vaccum cleaner. The guy just sorry I'm interested and closes the door.

Later he reads an article in the paper that people have seen a ghost in the area of a salesman shot in the area 40 years earlier.

Creepy since I'm reading this at night! But I love the idea.. Do you mind if I use it? :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by cberry
I saw a friend of mine over Christmas who lives in Vietnam and she was telling me about a true story in her local paper over there which I thought would make a great film:

A man kept finding food and things missing from his flat whenever he came back from work. He kept checking the locks and they all seemed fine. He thought it could be mice or rats but couldn't see any other signs of animals and the food items missing seemed to be too big. He eventually installed webcam/CCTV in the flat and saw an old woman on the film moving around his house and going through the kitchen. It transpired that she had been living in one of his cupboards for 5 years and coming out everyday to eat his food and use the toilet!

Creepy!

I love this! Do you mind if I use it? :smile:
Reply 43
'
[ceman;14427254']I did a short on a man who was so disillusioned with society that he went out and performed a murder, but that ended up getting to complicated and the final run time was about 20 minutes. Still relatively short but considering I started with a goal of having a roughly 5 minute run time, it was far to long.

And then there was another short about a man returning to his town after being away for a non-stated reason (It's hinted that it was was something stressful but never explicitly stated).

This reminds me of that poem by Carol Ann Duffy- education for leisure (was it based on that?)

You could do a film based on a poem?
Homelessness could be a good topic:

Give
Simon Armitage
Of all the public places, dear
to make a scene, I’ve chosen here.

Of all the doorways in the world
to choose to sleep, I’ve chosen yours.
I’m on the street, under the stars.

For coppers I can dance or sing.
For silver-swallow swords, eat fire.
For gold-escape from locks and chains.

It’s not as if I’m holding out
for frankincense or myrrh, just change.

You give me tea. That’s big of you.
I’m on my knees. I beg of you.

Not really a plot- but I really like that poem- would be interesting to see it as a film...
Original post by Wiltzz
I am interested in this idea. :smile: Do you mind if I use it? :biggrin:

You certainly may! Be my guest. Hope everything works out.
Reply 45
Original post by Wiltzz
I love this! Do you mind if I use it? :smile:

Not at all- google it and see if you can find the original news story :smile:
Original post by The Mad Dog
Right here's a quick one fired off my head:

A man (let's call him Charles - I like using names you can change it).

Charles is in a back alley, he has a gun in his hands. We hear police sirens, he shudders and breaks into a sprint down the alley dives over a fence and lands in a back yard. When he gets into the backyard he gently creeps towards the door and shoves it, it's locked so he kicks it down (or picklocks it he's a bad guy). He opens the door and enters this house and theirs a old man standing in the kitchen propped up by his walking stick. The old man proceeds to beat him up and swear at him before throwing him out the door shouting 'justice served traditionally scumbag'. The old man roles the bleeding burglar out in to the alley. A woman comes up and asks him what hapened he says got beat up by a pensioner, the woman laughs and walks on.

Thinking of calling it 21st century Britain.

Hi I quite like this idea, would I be able to use this idea for my own short film please? I would credit you as the writer/co-writer depending on how many changes I make.
Original post by rubberduckofwar
Hi I quite like this idea, would I be able to use this idea for my own short film please? I would credit you as the writer/co-writer depending on how many changes I make.

I'm honoured you'd want to use my idea :embarrassed:

But yeah you can use it if you want. If it's for coursework change it and claim you were inspired by my post (cover your backside)
Reply 48
Original post by Sinistra Manus
A man is sitting at a desk, rubbing a silver spoon with his thumb as he stares blankly at the wall before him. He let's out a lengthy sigh and ceases all movement. A while passes before he abruptly stands, enthusiasm enveloping every contour of his face as if an incredible idea had struck his mind. The strange man dashes from the front door of his house clad in only nightwear, he rushes into the car and -after a skipped scene of driving- hastily arrives at a large park. He blasts open the door with his foot and runs in a wild frenzy to the centre of the field, leaving the vehicle exposed to robbery.

The man stops... he is where he should be, he has made it! He whips out the spoon and gazes at it with awe struck eyes before plummeting it into the earth and digging. A loud clunk is heard and he discovers a peculiar container. Upon opening the artifact, he finds a silver knife and fork sitting within. Tears fall from the now shaking man's face as he puts the spoon inside the box and shuts it once more. He puts the set into its former abode beneath the ground and places the dirt back ontop. As he pats the final pieces of mud down, he places his two hands onto the ground and stares in silence...

Hi, I'm a student at university and i was looking to further my experience in short films i have made several in the past. i had a read of this and i think its great i was wondering if i might be able to use this idea.

If you could let me know that would be great

Cheers
Sean
Original post by The Mad Dog
I'm honoured you'd want to use my idea :embarrassed:

But yeah you can use it if you want. If it's for coursework change it and claim you were inspired by my post (cover your backside)

Thanks, yeah it's for a piece of media courswork
:smile:
Reply 50
How about a short on era in which people can only live up to the age of 18. Actions could show how society has changed since its been ruled by 18 year olds. Also, how are the children? Would they actually be children or young young adults. You could also throw in some actions. Maybe crime rates increasing. Or maybe MAYBE someone lives past the age of 18. How are they viewed? Meh, sounds better in my head.
Reply 51
Just an idea, it may seem a bit corny though.
A man/woman has pulled off a "master crime" and as he/she escapes a series of unfortunate events happens to him, yet he/she manages to get away from all of them. I thought of it as seeing him/her just given the cops the slip and he/she is jumping fences at the back of houses and as he/she leaps over each fence he faces a new "threat". The thief then gets to a secluded area and opens up the safe. The item he stolen could be something completely stupid eg a goldfish, or it turns out there is nothing or it could be a massive gem. you decide.

If anyone does wish to use this idea, feel free to use it, but if anyone does ever get around to making it please email me the final video as I would just like to see how it turned out. I have already made this one just for laughs, however I never entered it into a competition.
Also if you need any help or suggestions relating to this topic here is my email:
[Removed - please use PMs or post here directly]
Reply 52
Two stories are shown parellely:

Lavish life of a rich guy(lets call him Karan)..
Terrible life of poor homeless kid(say Rakend)..

While on an outing with his friends, Karan arrives at a beach.. They are having fun..

Now we see Rakend in the same beach, watching a kid being carried with love by his father. Kid points at the icecream shop and father gets him icecream.

We realise that Rakend is starving. He checks his pockets and finds them empty. He starts to beg for money(Thats what he usually does)..

Rakend approaches Karan. Karan has no sympathy and insults Rakend. Rakend silently moves to another person.

Karan then watches Rakend just for fun.

Rakend finally earns enough money and runs to buy icecream(or food). When he's about to eat, he spots a miserable looking crippled old man sitting down on the ground and begging. Old man looks very weak. Rakend hesitates at first, but then gives his food to the old man. Then he starts begging again.

Tears flows down from Karan's eyes..

THE END

Reply 53
Original post by Sinistra Manus
A man is sitting at a desk, rubbing a silver spoon with his thumb as he stares blankly at the wall before him. He let's out a lengthy sigh and ceases all movement. A while passes before he abruptly stands, enthusiasm enveloping every contour of his face as if an incredible idea had struck his mind. The strange man dashes from the front door of his house clad in only nightwear, he rushes into the car and -after a skipped scene of driving- hastily arrives at a large park. He blasts open the door with his foot and runs in a wild frenzy to the centre of the field, leaving the vehicle exposed to robbery.

The man stops... he is where he should be, he has made it! He whips out the spoon and gazes at it with awe struck eyes before plummeting it into the earth and digging. A loud clunk is heard and he discovers a peculiar container. Upon opening the artifact, he finds a silver knife and fork sitting within. Tears fall from the now shaking man's face as he puts the spoon inside the box and shuts it once more. He puts the set into its former abode beneath the ground and places the dirt back ontop. As he pats the final pieces of mud down, he places his two hands onto the ground and stares in silence...

Hey, i really like your idea. Could I use for my short film? I'll be creating it out of a montage of photographs.
Reply 54
I've got one, but if you use it I want royalties:

There's a woman... and she gets dumped by her boyfriend... and in a rage she shouts "I hate my life! I wish I was a fish!", you know, as you do when you're in a rage, you say "I wish I was a fish!", well she did. Anyway, for some reason that wish comes true, and she becomes a fish, and she's a fish for a while, she's in a pond for a bit, and then she turns back into a human... but she still has a fish brain! So now, she's a human with a fish brain, and she has to live her life as a fish in humans skin. Kinda like a psychological twist on Jonah and the whale.

I think the moral is quite powerful... don't wish you're a fish, because if you do... you might become a fish...

It should either be called 'The Woman Who Wished She Was a Fish and Then Was a Fish (and didn't like it)', or 'To Wish to be a Fish is a Foolish Wish because a Fish Should be a Fish not a Human'.

Obviously it's pretty open ended so there's space for a sequel. Dunno, maybe she gets addicted to bait or something in the next film...
hi am at school and i need to make a short film sow can anybody help me like gave me ideas on what my movie should be about a movie that i well make on imovie
Reply 56
Title: My name is Danny |Ext.|Street|day|

He steps out of his house and walks into the street. He walks two blocks and then stops to observe a busker playing the harmonica across the road from him. The aging male gypsy with the harmonica notices Him and we can see the corners of the busker's eyes and mouth break into a restrained smile- as he struggles maintain focus on his music. He smiles back just as a lady in her mid-twenties wearing headphones and walking her dog stops to drop something in the gypsy's bowl, and the walks on. We see the weird look on his face as he's bemused by something about that lady. He begins to walk again- with his expression still puzzled and his eyes still fixated on the Headphone-wearing Dog-walking lady who is walking ahead of him and seems totally oblivious to his presence.

We see the street light turn green and the cars begin to move again. We see the lady looking impatient as she now has to wait for the traffic light to turn red again before crossing the road. we see Him slowing his pace behind her as he also approaches the scene. Next the lady pulls out an Ipod from her purse and plugs in her headphones Jack which had only been tucked into the belt-line of her short jeans all along. She clicks the Ipod and begins to move her head rhythmically.

He smiles, looking relieved from whatever has been puzzling him about the lady. The he looks at the ground, squints at the sun, and then smiles at the camera for a few seconds before saying in a relaxed voice: Hi, my name is Danny.

End.
'
[ceman;14427146']Yo yo, I'm a wannabe director, and I need some ideas for a short film. I'm talking a nice simple idea, something that would only last about 5 minutes. Nothing to complex and preferably with as little dialogue as possible. The reason I am asking for ideas is because I have recently hit a massive wall of writers block. I already have a couple of short films under my belt, but I want at least one more before I go uni, and I haven't got time to sit and wait and hope my writers block clears its self up. I'm not looking for a full script or anything, just a basic concept I can adapt myself. Who evers idea I use will get a "Concept by:" and "Co-Writer" credit. and that's all I can really offer. I don't have any money so I can't pay anyone. So yeah, help a brother out! :biggrin:

Hi there.. I wanna see the short films you make... Have you got a youtube channel or something where you post your short films? xD
Reply 58
Original post by Prasoon0g
Two stories are shown parellely:

Lavish life of a rich guy(lets call him Karan)..
Terrible life of poor homeless kid(say Rakend)..

While on an outing with his friends, Karan arrives at a beach.. They are having fun..

Now we see Rakend in the same beach, watching a kid being carried with love by his father. Kid points at the icecream shop and father gets him icecream.

We realise that Rakend is starving. He checks his pockets and finds them empty. He starts to beg for money(Thats what he usually does)..

Rakend approaches Karan. Karan has no sympathy and insults Rakend. Rakend silently moves to another person.

Karan then watches Rakend just for fun.

Rakend finally earns enough money and runs to buy icecream(or food). When he's about to eat, he spots a miserable looking crippled old man sitting down on the ground and begging. Old man looks very weak. Rakend hesitates at first, but then gives his food to the old man. Then he starts begging again.

Tears flows down from Karan's eyes..

THE END

This is a brilliant idea. Mind if I use it for my AS coursework. Credit is given where due and it will be up loaded to youtube when finished.
Reply 59
Dumbest idea I have ever heard in my life, ever.

Latest