The Student Room Group

Any point?

Hey I've just checked on the UCAS website and LSOP entry requirements have gone up to an AAB-ABB I've been predicted ABC would there be any point applying?

Also I don't quite understand the difference between predicted grades and the offers the Uni make you. I always thought if your predicted grades didn't match their entry requirements you'll get rejected unless your PS was really good? :confused:
Reply 1
I would apply because its only one choice out of the 5/6 you are going to make. If you've been predicted ABC then they may well ask you for an interview and if you do okay in that they should make you an offer - these places realise people can get better grades than what they have been predicted so don't worry.

At the end of the day, if you don't get an offer from LSOP you have loads of other places you can go to. Just make sure you go to their open days and get a taste of that uni. Don't just go because its apparently 'the better uni'.

That's my opinion at least
Reply 2
Okay thanks :smile: Yes I've been to the open day and they gave a good impression that they were the best teaching wise and have high tech equipment. Would the interview be in oct? or like after my exams? Can they still reject me if my interview went wrong?
Reply 3
The interviews tend to be staggered over the October-February months, it depends how many applicants they have to how many interview days they appoint, and also how many people they reject without interview. If you get your application in and completed ASAP then you are more likely to get into the first lot of interviews.

When i did UCAS for the first time i did it really late and got rejects from some unis without interview, and got invited to an interview or two in Jan/Feb. But when i did it for the second time i had my UCAS all done and dusted really early on and i got interviews in November.

And yes, they can decline you an offer after the interview. If you do not perform well and do not really show and interest in pharmacy, the uni, and where you want to go in the future then this may well play against you. Just let them know you are only considering pharmacy and not medicine or dentistry because a lot of people there will be applying for those two as well - and the pharmacy schools like people who actually want to do pharmacy.

Finally, you were interested in summer lab placements. Maybe you could mention this in interviews, if it fits in, and mention you want to do research. If you want to go into industry or academia then tell them this because there are hardly any pharmacy students going down these two paths!
Reply 4
wow okies thanks your really helpful I shall rep you :smile:
I thought the school sent everyones off when it everyone had their personal statement done. Erm nope not considering dentistry or medicine although I'm applying for chemistry as back up so my personal statement will mainly based on pharmacy but not too much since I have chemistry as some of my choices as well like (2).
So it's good to get an interview?
Reply 5
Well, it gets sent off once you've completed it and your referee/tutor has put their reference on for you. If you push your tutor you can usually get them to do it as soon as you've completed it.

Some people say its better to just get accepted without interview, which happened to me for DMU and Sunderland... but i didn't even end up choosing them because i wanted to go to the universities to see them but thought it was a waste of a journey if i wasn't being interviews so didn't technically have to go.
Reply 6
TigerSwift
Well, it gets sent off once you've completed it and your referee/tutor has put their reference on for you. If you push your tutor you can usually get them to do it as soon as you've completed it.

Some people say its better to just get accepted without interview, which happened to me for DMU and Sunderland... but i didn't even end up choosing them because i wanted to go to the universities to see them but thought it was a waste of a journey if i wasn't being interviews so didn't technically have to go.

hey, what was your offer for DMU? When i spoke with them they said i had to get an A in whatever i resit
Reply 7
I can't remember the exact offer but they didn't ask for an A in anything even the chemistry i was resitting, they didn't even ask me to go for an interview either.

Latest

Trending

Trending