The Student Room Group
Put down what work experience you have, saying that you didn't get in to a particular work experience placement might not look so nice to admission tutors.
Reply 2
Or, you put what experience you have completed in your CV and on your Personal Statement say how you have befitted from this work Exp.

On your Personal Statement you could always mention you are currently trying to get a placement within the pharmaceutical industry and state why you want to look into that sector. You don't have to say you couldn't get in until you're in the interview.. and you're usually being interviewed by pharmacy staff who know how hard it is for third years, even preregistration pharmacists, to get a placement in industry.

Not many people put the whole industry side of things on personal statements... so you'll stand out. not only because the admissions tutor will be an academic, and may well have worked in industry in the past.
Reply 3
wow okies thanks can I add you to buddys tigerswift?
Also I've worked for RBS and Clarks would those be worth mentioning?
Reply 4
Heya,

Put those in your CV under 'employment' and give a BRIEF description of what you did. If you gained any skills from these jobs then i would have a 'skills profile' on my CV and not waste any space in my personal statement. Though... i can't remember how free the UCAS CV system was... is it boxes you fill in or is it free reign?
Reply 5
erm I didn't know we had a UCAS CV lol I thought it was only the personal statement :s Would I put my Lloydspharmacy job in the actual personal statement?
Reply 6
mmmm, maybe the whole things acts as your CV, lol. Who knows!

I would put it in your personal statement anyway because its relevant to you applying to pharmacy. If there is a place to put about work experience then you may be able to go into detail here so you can have more space in your personal statement for other stuff. If there is no place for work experience i would maybe say what you did, learnt, and enjoyed about the placement too.
Reply 7
http://www.ucas.co.uk/students/startapplication/apply09/

this details the sections of the UCAS system. There is place to put employment information. There is also a thing for 'Additional Information' which means you could always put work experience in there as it mentions summer schools.

Latest

Trending

Trending