The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

kate.dt
I expect...to die and decompose and the molecules I consist of to be united with the earth, and to be utilised for new life. I believe that the world is conscious, the universe is conscious and on death I will become part of that universal consciousness.

Yeah.

Sexual answer! (y)
i think it will just be nothingness. you will just stop existing.

depressing, yes.
clad in armour
But you'd have had to prepare for it

??
manderlay in flames
??

she said she hoped there was an afterlife
but you wouldnt want an afterlife if you hadnt prepared for it and spent your life
messing about
Reply 24
I will go to heaven and it will be a halfpipe. I mean ok, right now on Earth I can't do jack...
Reply 25
As ells90's teachings bear as much proof as those of any belief system, I too believe that when I die I will become a god.

</bashing of organised religion>

As of this minute, Electriic_ink and I's new religion *******sism is officially founded.

We welcome all members.

(No fat chicks)
Reply 26
As of this minute, Electriic_ink and I's new religion *******sism is officially founded.

Aw, they edited my :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: out.
Go into non-existence. Not depressing really. A bit of peace after a stressful life :P:
Reply 28
Shryke
I will go to heaven and it will be a halfpipe. I mean ok, right now on Earth I can't do jack...

omg :biggrin:

I remember that song!

#If I die before I wake
at least in heaven I can skate#
If a way to prevent aging, cure all diseases and mitigate the risk of encountering trauma altogether in the near future, I won't die D:
clad in armour
she said she hoped there was an afterlife
but you wouldnt want an afterlife if you hadnt prepared for it and spent your life
messing about

I didn't prepare for this life so why bother preparing for the next one (if there is a next one)?

ells90

We welcome all members.

(No fat chicks)

Although there is a fee - £200/yr and if you become a member, you get to find out the *real* meaning of life.
electriic_ink
I didn't prepare for this life so why bother preparing for the next one (if there is a next one)?

Although there is a fee - £200/yr and if you become a member, you get to find out the *real* meaning of life.

1. you cant have prepared man you were in your mothers womb
2.lol
</Tom>
If a way to prevent aging, cure all diseases and mitigate the risk of encountering trauma altogether in the near future, I won't die D:

lol!
Reply 33
zarrah786
welll - we'll all remain in our graves until the world ends and then God will call upon Judgment Day. On this day, we will all be resurrected from our graves and will be told to answer 3 simple questions, concerning who you believe to be your God, who is the messenger of your God and what is your religion. Depending on these answers, you will go onto the next stage, in which you will be assessed on how you lived your life. Many believe that the life that we live on the Earth is all a test, and on Judgement Day we will be judged for our thoughts, intentions and actions. Here the wrongdoers will be punished (in the fires of Hell) and those who lived compassionately in the name and service of God will be rewarded in Heaven (or Eden, or the Garden of Paradise). It is said that those who enter there live in eternal bliss and there are things there that even mortal imagination cannot comprehend - becuase they are truly the miraculous wonders created by the power and hands of God.

I've just basically repeated what my parents, aunts and uncles have told me since i was a little kid - and I believe it too.

Hope that was insightful for you, whether or not it makes an impact upon you :smile:

I always find this particular suggestion of life after death completely insulting, but thanks for your input. :rolleyes:

jjbristol
72 fit virgin birds

Is Islam ever so slightly sexist? Muslim women get oppressed in life and then usurped by houris in death. Muslim women are also promised what they want apparently (I was told this by someone who said I was being 'Islamophobic' over this) so why the random virgin promise? I also don't understand why there are double standards to life and death. Why are multiple partners in life wrong, but multiple partners in death perfectly acceptable?
nempozpag
I always find this particular suggestion of life after death completely insulting, but thanks for your input. :rolleyes:

Is Islam ever so slightly sexist? Muslim women get oppressed in life and then usurped by houris in death. Muslim women are also promised what they want apparently (I was told this by someone who said I was being 'Islamophobic' over this) so why the random virgin promise? I also don't understand why there are double standards to life and death. Why are multiple partners in life wrong, but multiple partners in death perfectly acceptable?

1. pray tell, why do you think its insulting
2. I dont have enough knowledge to refute this argument, maybe its just a media stereotype, and if men get virgins i'm sure believing women will get men as well, as for your last argument, Islam allows men to marry up to 4 wives simultaneosly, and I also reckon you 've kinda earned it tbh
Reply 35
clad in armour

How is it not insulting? It's basically saying that all the people of the 'wrong' religion and all those who are atheist/agnostic/variant will go to hell because we didn't believe any of the books. It won't really matter in the end since it won't happen but to say that we are lesser human beings and should be punished is insulting. Religious people seem to be insulted by the suggestion that atheists should be called 'brights', which is stupid, but nowhere near as insulting as that.

2. I dont have enough knowledge to refute this argument, maybe its just a media stereotype, and if men get virgins i'm sure believing women will get men as well, as for your last argument, Islam allows men to marry up to 4 wives simultaneosly, and I also reckon you 've kinda earned it tbh

Lol I forgot about the four wives thing :o:
Has anyone had a surgery where they recieve full anesthesia? I think that is what will happen when you die,total loss of conciousness. No god,no spiritual reunification nonsense, just darkness.
Reply 37
I think that you die. Gone.

It'd be nice to believe in afterlife etc., but I'm too cynical for that.

And besides, God supposedly forgives all. If it turns out that I'm wrong, I reckon I can get into heaven if I grovel enough. :p:
Reply 38
clad in armour

B: Funny you mentioned this. Came up in one of my talks between me and my sister. Is it also vice versa?
Ili
B: Funny you mentioned this. Came up in one of my talks between me and my sister. Is it also vice versa?

Nope.

Latest

Trending

Trending