The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Rowley2k8
3 doors down from you lol!!! bet we will be sharing kitchen etc.

Hey sounds good! Been up to York today to see D Block - looks pretty small as a wing but the rooms look OK (although they were all locked up) I could see through the windows they're pretty decent.
University of York
York
Reply 21
Oohh, that's quite exciting.

Nobody else on the ground floor - what's with that! Can I climb out my window then? More concerningly - can people see in?!

All you D Blockers better remind me to close my curtains.

Tx
Reply 22
TrishS
Oohh, that's quite exciting.

Nobody else on the ground floor - what's with that! Can I climb out my window then? More concerningly - can people see in?!

All you D Blockers better remind me to close my curtains.

Tx

The ground floor gets net curtains unlike the other floors so don't worry! I would advise remembering to close your curtains before you go for a shower tho, so many times I came back in a towel and realised it was dark outside but I had the light on and the curtains open- not good!:rolleyes:
Reply 23
Is anyone else in E or F block? :unsure:
Laus
Is anyone else in E or F block? :unsure:

You might have the whole blocks to yourself :p:
Reply 25
RK
You might have the whole blocks to yourself :p:

Oh noes!! :hugs:
Someone from my school is going to be living about 2 rooms away from me in B block :redface:.

Does anyone know how big Derwent is, in terms of student membership, in comparison to the other colleges?
Reply 27
PeaceSells
Someone from my school is going to be living about 2 rooms away from me in B block :redface:.

Does anyone know how big Derwent is, in terms of student membership, in comparison to the other colleges?

About 300 on campus, so way smaller than Halifax and Alcuin (I think Halifax is like over a 1000) but a similar size to Goodricke and Langwith. Gives a nice community feel.
Thanks :smile:. That sounds like a pretty good size, don't know how I'd feel about being in a college with over a thousand students.
Reply 29
I want to be in the main Derwent block!!! Can I come see you? :puppyeyes:
Reply 30
i'm in block b! woop :biggrin:
Reply 31
Laus, of course you can.
You can come over for dinner and the kettle is always on :biggrin:.
Tx
TrishS
Laus, of course you can.
You can come over for dinner and the kettle is always on :biggrin:.
Tx

Can I come too? :puppyeyes:
(especially if I end up having to camp in the campus & sleep in a tent.):p:

(I didn't apply for Derwent though)
Reply 33
Well then I don't think you can come, silly person.

Of course you can! The more the merrier, toothwort :smile:.

Tx
Reply 34
I assume if i havent heard yet im not in at derwent? :frown:
Reply 35
jack1123
I assume if i havent heard yet im not in at derwent? :frown:

i put derwent as my first choice 2 , but i still havnt received anything thing yet
i was worried that they haven't recived my post so i rang the accomndation office, the lady told me that they havent allocated me a place yet and still has plenty of students waiting. Then i asked her' would it be a disadvantage of getting in my first choice just because i havent been allocated, and she said NO..so i guess its fine, just wait tilll the end of the month
I don't know how you can know already!
Reply 37
I'm in B block too *hugs all B blockers* :smile:

Anyone know what is a c room? I've seen people with a and b rooms but a c? :s-smilie:
Reply 38
C, Solya? That's interesting... Without doubt a cupboard :wink:

Tx
Reply 39
TrishS
C, Solya? That's interesting... Without doubt a cupboard :wink:

Tx

My room is DE/B228c.

Must mean I'll be living in your cupboard, Trish :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending