The Student Room Group

Unis throw away your PS without looking?!?! And UKCAT/uni deadline help please

Hi, well I intend to apply for Medicine for 2009 entry and I have 10A*'s and 4A's at GCSE, and AAAB at AS, with AAA predicted. I have yet to take my UKCAT but it has been booked for October 7th.
As some of you are well aware, the medicine deadline is 15th October.
Now teachers in my school don't say this, but my school is crap anyway, but a few of my friends in different colleges said their teachers have told them to sort out their applications ASAP because apparently universities may not look at your application if it comes in too close to the deadline.
I mean officially they are supposed to look but with the amount they get some might be overlooked on purposed by lazy workers. Does this happen and isn't it a breach of some rules?
Are the teachers in those colleges just scaring the students into handing in applications early or do I need to do something fast?
Anyway my point is, do I need to hand in my application soon or put my UKCAT score on my UCAS form (and if yes then I will have to send it October 7th) or is there a way round this. My personal statement is almost done and I would be ready to send, if not for the damned UKCAT.
I'm really worried that all the work exp and the grades I have will have gone to waste if my application is overlooked.
Please reply, I really need to know! Thanks and good luck with your applications :smile:.
PS What do you think of my chances for medicine? I'm applying to Oxford, Birmingham, Keele and 1 more Kings College probs.
all unis should look at evryones ps, rarely they throw them away, oxford wont anyway because they interview every applicant
blackdragonthegreat
all unis should look at evryones ps, rarely they throw them away, oxford wont anyway because they interview every applicant

They absolutely do not. Only ~40% of applicants are interviewed, %A*s in GCSE and BMAT percentile being the main selection criteria.
Some Cambridge colleges, on the other hand, interview ~80% of applicants.
mine was sent in on the 13/14th of october and it turned out just fine, seriously just make sure its not sent AFTER the deadline :smile:
Reply 4
Ok thanks for the replies so far, I think my mates in the other colleges are being scared into sorting out their UCAS. Pertty much all they do there is smoke weed all day. They wouldn't sort out UCAS themselves without a threat.
Just do your PS as best as you can.
Do your exams as best as you can.
Apply yourself to the application process as best as you can.

...And you can't go wrong really.

Latest