The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Vanbrugh Freshers '08!

Well seen as Derwent freshers have got a thread I thought I'd start one for the freshers of
Vanbrugh - Probably the best college in the world! :biggrin:

I got my accommodation confirmation this morning so hopefully everyone will be getting theirs in the next few days as well.

I'm in Flat B3 of the Donald Barron Court btw, anyone else staying here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I was just wondering if you had an unconditional place (and hence got your accommodation early), or are they sending out everyone's accommodation now (I thought it wasn't until about 2 weeks before we went? =p - which is still 2 weeks away -.-). Oh, and has your evision updated with your college yet? =).

/Miles
University of York
York
Reply 2
Miles90
Hey, I was just wondering if you had an unconditional place (and hence got your accommodation early), or are they sending out everyone's accommodation now (I thought it wasn't until about 2 weeks before we went? =p - which is still 2 weeks away -.-). Oh, and has your evision updated with your college yet? =).

/Miles

Hey Miles, No I did't have an unconditional place, I had a conditional offer and applied for accommodation after results day. Although mail may reach me quicker from York because of my location. :biggrin: Have you applied for accommodation in Vanbrugh?

Oh and my evision hasn't updated with my college info yet.

Btw, different colleges send out confirmations at different times I think, a lot of people in Derwent got their letters yesterday, and I haven't seen anyone else post about getting accommodation anywhere else as of yet.
Reply 3
Ah cool. Vanbrugh was actually my 3rd choice, but I don't think they actually listen to that =p. Out of interest, did you put Vanbrugh as your first choice? And did you get the room you wanted etc?

/Miles
Reply 4
Miles90
Ah cool. Vanbrugh was actually my 3rd choice, but I don't think they actually listen to that =p. Out of interest, did you put Vanbrugh as your first choice? And did you get the room you wanted etc?

/Miles

Yeah put Vanbrugh En-Suite 33 Week at first choice, and that's what I got. :biggrin:
Reply 5
_Mazza_

I'm in Flat B3 of the Donald Barron Court btw, anyone else staying here?

You are so lucky, these are the nicest buildings on the whole campus.
I'll visit the campus tommorow to take a look at my block and I'll take some photos of DBC as well and post it here.
Reply 6
bosejiu
You are so lucky, these are the nicest buildings on the whole campus.
I'll visit the campus tommorow to take a look at my block and I'll take some photos of DBC as well and post it here.

Cheers mate, I've been to the uni, but only really saw Alcuin accommodation, can't seem to find any actual pictures of DBC on google, just pics of the rooms, and on google maps it's still unfinished.

My only gripe is that they are a bit out of the way of the campus, but on the plus side I'm nearer to Ebor Fitness (gym I want to go to) and the train station, which I might be biking to every saturday to return to Doncaster to work.

I've seen that the carpets are dark blue and the curtains are orange, so I think it'll clash with my brown bed covers lol.
Reply 7
im in Barbara Scott court, looks fantastic!
Reply 9
_Mazza_
My only gripe is that they are a bit out of the way of the campus, but on the plus side I'm nearer to Ebor Fitness (gym I want to go to) and the train station, which I might be biking to every saturday to return to Doncaster to work.

They're not "a bit out of the way of campus" on account of being on the campus, just because they're at one of the far ends means nothing, i mean Derwent's at the far end and you wouldn't complain about that :P. Although being a biochemist I would never have complained cause I could leave really late for biology lectures! (not quite so lucky for chem but nvm)
Reply 10

Ahhhh thanks mate, rep on the way.
Reply 11
Juncture
They're not "a bit out of the way of campus" on account of being on the campus, just because they're at one of the far ends means nothing, i mean Derwent's at the far end and you wouldn't complain about that :P. Although being a biochemist I would never have complained cause I could leave really late for biology lectures! (not quite so lucky for chem but nvm)

It's been so long since I visited campus, I didn't really see the new buildings. Just checked on google maps and from one end of campus to the other it's only 0.5 mile, so it's not too bad :biggrin:
Reply 12
_Mazza_
It's been so long since I visited campus, I didn't really see the new buildings. Just checked on google maps and from one end of campus to the other it's only 0.5 mile, so it's not too bad :biggrin:

Just remembered my friend has facebook pictures of what the blocks look like (well a little bit)

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v248/179/123/839875146/n839875146_3347405_9344.jpg

:smile:, I would show you the other ones from the album but they all look building site like :P
im in Barbara Scott court, looks fantastic!

Whereabouts?
I'm in D3...anyone else?
Reply 14
snap
Reply 15
Fiction_addict
Whereabouts?
I'm in D3...anyone else?

What room number?

It's really weird thinking of people living in my old flatmates rooms (I was in D4 but the two flats on each floor share a kitchen so it just feels like one floor)

Anyone in D112 has my old room!
What room number?

How many floors are there? (and which floor will I be on? If you know)

I really wish it was the 12th now! All of my friends are halfway through their first week! I just want to see my room :smile:
Reply 17
Fiction_addict

I really wish it was the 12th now! All of my friends are halfway through their first week! I just want to see my room :smile:

There are three floors, you'll be on the first (middle floor). For anyone else who wants to work theirs out the first number denotes the floor number (0 = ground, 1 = first, etc.)
Reply 18
Fiction_addict

Ahhh you're next to my old room! How weird. And it's true Babs and Donald Courts are not at all "out of the way" or off campus. They're just not so near the lake as some of the older colleges. But trust me, they have fab accommodation. Any questions at all about them, just PM me or write in here.
hi everyone Vanbrugh was my third choice too but i think it seems cool anyway:smile:

anyone else got Fairfax house? Any idea what it's like? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending