The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
oOo, James people! *waves* :smile:

C block, you have the questionable privilege of me being one of your JCRC 'grandparents' :p:

If you haven't already done so, go have a look at the college website forum, where non-TSR types should (shortly?) be making their presence known.
University of York
York
James has a forum? I suppose you need a meeting place with the bar absence :p:

*runs*
Reply 3
slugonamission
James has a forum? I suppose you need a meeting place with the bar absence :p:

*runs*

You're so getting neg rep'd once they finish removing the asbestos from yours :wink:
Touché :wink:
i'm in james :smile:
Reply 6
Yay! Which block?
i don't know!
i got sick of waiting for my letter so i called the accommodation office. The woman just said James, she didn't give me a block or anything.

We didn't really get to look roubd James at open day, i hear good things though. Is it nice? What's the college spirit like? Slightly worried as it has a rep for the sporty people, and that's not REALLY me! lol
Reply 8
miss_sparkles88
i don't know!
i got sick of waiting for my letter so i called the accommodation office. The woman just said James, she didn't give me a block or anything.

We didn't really get to look roubd James at open day, i hear good things though. Is it nice? What's the college spirit like? Slightly worried as it has a rep for the sporty people, and that's not REALLY me! lol

It is nice. One of the more attractive colleges. The details of the accommodation depend on whether you have ensuite or not - did you ask for it? Don't worry, I only knew 2 sporty people out of everyone in my year :smile: College spirit isn't negative at all, it's just not quite as active as other colleges. But seriously don't worry about that - people seem to think you have to stick to your own college - all events are open to everyone so it really doesn't matter what college you're actually in in terms of that. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:
Reply 9
According to e-vision I'm in James :smile: Pleased about that seeing as it was first choice (+ ensuite.)
Reply 10
I am also in James, just checked evision. First choice, very pleased! 3 weeks to go.....
Reply 11
How do you check on evision?
Reply 12
Click on 'Student Home' then on 'Check your basic details.' You'll see next to college if they've updated it.
Ravster
According to e-vision I'm in James :smile: Pleased about that seeing as it was first choice (+ ensuite.)

How do you know it's en-suite? On e-vision it just says which college and not what kind of room it is, right?
I'm in James as well. :smile:
Reply 15
yup - looks like I'm in james ^_^

Does anyone have some pics of the buildings and stuff?

ah and what are the kitchen facilities like?
sbkynetik
yup - looks like I'm in james ^_^

Does anyone have some pics of the buildings and stuff?

ah and what are the kitchen facilities like?

There are pictures of the buildings on the college's website: http://www.jamescollege.com . I've hardly seen any pictures of what it looks like inside though.. :s-smilie:
I'm in Block E, room E213. Anyone else?
Reply 18
Heyy! Just checked on evision I'm in James too :smile: looking forward to meeting you all
If I go to York I hope I get into James, nicest accommodation from what I've seen. :smile:

Latest