The Student Room Group

Easy Peasy Meals To Cook At Uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Oh and can someone tell me how to make lasagne? People say its easy to cook but I have no idea!
I've discovered scrambled eggs on toast for this year. Also weetabix. And garlic ham and wine flavour pasta from tesco hehe
Reply 62
Sazzy890
Oh and can someone tell me how to make lasagne? People say its easy to cook but I have no idea!

Get some lasagne sheets and chuck some meat and whatever inbetween then put it in the oven for a while!
Reply 63
I'm turning vegetarian. Vegetarian peas/beans like Chick Peas (50p per 400g) are rediculously cheap & good value for money. Most of the stuff I cook at home is vegetarian mind. Pasta, rice, or noodles with various vegetables is always a good fast meal.
Reply 64
- Pouched Eggs
Looks difficult but is really easy, the most healthy way to eat eggs (btw. dont eat more than 2 eggs per week, supposed to be unhealthy if you do :wink:)
Need:
- eggs
- Red wine vinegar (the cheaper the better ;D)
- pot or pan

How to:
Fill half a pot/pan with water and boil it, when it's boiling put in about 2 spoons of red wine vinegar (about 1and half teaspoons for each litre of water) now break one egg and put its inside in the boiling water, add some salt straight away on top of the place where the egg went to keep it boiling, the boiling water and red wine vinegar will make sure the egg stays together. After about 3 minutes you should take it out.
Tastes great with toast btw. :wink:
Reply 65
I lived off pasta in Dolmio sauce for the WHOLE of my first year. No joke. And I still didn't go off it lol
If you're going to make toasties get some of those 'toastabag' things. You just make the butty, slide it in the bag then put the bag in the toaster. You can just rinse them out afterwards. Much less messy than a toastie maker.
Reply 67
planning to live on jacket potato beans and cheese =)
Reply 68
Roast Potatoes - 10 minute part boil, into an already hot tray of oil (so it sizzles when you splash them in).. Spoon oil from the tray over potatoes, coat in rosemary or other herbs. Re-coat with oil from the tray every 15 minutes :biggrin:

Muffin pizzas - Muffins halved and slightly toasted, tomato puree, grated cheese.. grill it :smile:

Chicken with Philidelphia in wrapped in bacon :biggrin:

Gnocci is the easiest thing in the world, boil it in a saucepan and wait for it to float. then chuck some bbq sauce or whatever on it and scoff it

Noodles - 10p from asda or the 69p SuperNoodle variety

Sausage sandwiches - buy the sausages frozen in bags of 16, it's a lot cheaper than buying fresh packs of 6 or 8

Chicken curry - buy frozen chicken, cook it in foil in the oven until it's white all the way through, chop it up and wack it in a saucepan with some curry sauce. make some rice or get uncle ben's microwavable bags

Stuffing! Goes with everything!!! Can't get enough of it.

Chicken with stuffing inside and wrapped in puff pastry (glaze with some egg).. always delicious but careful cause the puff pastry makes it stay hot for a long time after cooking.

Chicken in wraps - Fry diced chicken with oil and curry powder then serve with chilli sauce, mayonaise and a tonne of cheese. Delicious.

Eggy bread - Crack egg onto a flat dish, mix it all up with a fork, soak bread on both sides in it before frying.. eat it with bbq sauce, ketchup or, my favourite, worcester sauce

Soup and bread - easy peasy

Pizza - Try and find one that you like, is cheap, and is the right size for you to eat so you're not wasting money on leftover pizza

Dough balls.. aw yeh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending