The Student Room Group

True?

Just received the following in an email from a friend (and fellow applicant):

"There's been a postal strike so don't worry too much about stuff coming through the door on Friday - it's likely that it won't come."

I would have liked to put it down to mishearing and/or unnecessary pessimism on her part, but she's not usually one for passing on unsubstantiated rumours...

Anyone know anything about it? Maybe it's a delayed reference to the one mentioned here a few days ago that wasn't really going to affect us?
:confused:

ZarathustraX
Reply 1
Zarathustra
Just received the following in an email from a friend (and fellow applicant):

"There's been a postal strike so don't worry too much about stuff coming through the door on Friday - it's likely that it won't come."

I would have liked to put it down to mishearing and/or unnecessary pessimism on her part, but she's not usually one for passing on unsubstantiated rumours...

Anyone know anything about it? Maybe it's a delayed reference to the one mentioned here a few days ago that wasn't really going to affect us?
:confused:

ZarathustraX

ur friend better be lying/misinformed
Its not true.

The strike actually lasts.......forever.
Reply 3
there isnt anything on the net if you google it. last postal strike was in nov 2003 i think and im sure i would have heard something about it. when essential services strike its on the news and then only one i know about at the moment is the tube

there might be something on amore local level however that hasnt made the national news
Erm, no...

The only 'strike' was one where 50 Post Offices shut early by 4 hours on Christmas eve, which didn't affect delivery.

For future reference... google news. And then inform people so they can panic :wink:
Reply 5
Probably nothing notable to affect us... but nonetheless

Bah..!
ò_ó
Reply 6
synaesthesia
Erm, no...

The only 'strike' was one where 50 Post Offices shut early by 4 hours on Christmas eve, which didn't affect delivery.

For future reference... google news. And then inform people so they can panic :wink:

Lol, I did check google and the beeb...just wanted to make sure as she shocked me slightly with it. Soz.

*breathes sigh of relief*

ZarathustraX
It'd always been tradition to end at 12noon on Christmas eve, but Royal Mail decided that, because of Christmas/Boxing day both falling on a weekend and the two bank holidays after, they wanted to open until 4pm to ensure people could finish collecting parcels and the like. The complaint of the workers is that they weren't given advance warning about it rather than the work itself... all very well, but the general public don't always get advance warning of strikes!
Reply 8
lessthanthree
JUST because they have to work xmas eve? boo effing hoo. workshy turds.

Exactly! I bloody well worked on Xmas Eve! Not that I exactly care, but never mind...

cheesecakebobby
Its not true.

The strike actually lasts.......forever.

lol

Latest

Trending

Trending