The Student Room Group

Got an OJE & Interview with McDonalds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Dear Kevin

Well done you have made it through to the next stage!

We’d like you to come for an On Job Evaluation (OJE) and an interview.
This will give you a chance to see what it’s really like at McDonald’s by working in a restaurant.

The OJE will take approximately 15 minutes and you will be given full instruction on what you will have to do.

After that, you will have an interview with one of our Business Managers, which will also take about 15 minutes. We’re sure you’ll find the OJE really interesting and a great opportunity to see what it feels like to work at McDonald’s.

We’ve booked you in to attend your OJE/Interview on:

The rest is just the date, times and adress then two links to .pdf documents about the OJE and what you have to wear etc. and Asylum & Immigration form thing.
Reply 21
KevinKevin
The rest is just the date, times and adress then two links to .pdf documents about the OJE and what you have to wear etc. and Asylum & Immigration form thing.

Yeah I know. Yours is exactly the same as mine except 'Joshua' instead of 'Kevin' obviously, there automated, kinda. :p:
I have my OJE tomorrow, already had my interview. The manager in the place I'll be had to ring me yesterday so I could remind her haha should be fun if she's fogetful lol

But I honestly can't wait, money, a job, something to do, why not! And even if it is mc donalds, I love helping people so whatever :P

xxx
Reply 23
I had my interview around 15 minutes ago. It went well I think. I was nervous but didn't show it in the way I expressed myself. She fired 9 questions at me. Things like "Tell me about the last time you were served in a disrespectful manner". Things like that. And I remember the "What qualities do you think you would need to work here" was another one. I said things like a fast paced person, a good work ethic etc.

I have to go in for another date to do my OJE as the person who does that wasn't in. So I'll have an e-mail later today to see if I'm successful and to do the OJE.
At the Mcdonalds I worked at all my interview consisted of was sorting out my availability times then he told me to come back for my orientation. I didnt have an OJE.

Do you know if your one is franchised or company?
Reply 25
I'm not sure whether it's franchised or company.

We did sort out my availability times though as hours are only flexible. Like you can't have fix shifts. I just said I'm available Mon-Fri and will work weekends if I have too but don't really want to.
Reply 26
The person who interviewed me today told me I'd receive an e-mail telling my whether I passed or failed and I haven't had a reply back. Don't you think she would get back to me straight away if I failed? I was unable to do the OJE today as the person who does the OJE's wasn't in. Need some opinions. My interview was at 11AM. Finished around 20 past.
Reply 27
KevinKevin
The person who interviewed me today told me I'd receive an e-mail telling my whether I passed or failed and I haven't had a reply back. Don't you think she would get back to me straight away if I failed? I was unable to do the OJE today as the person who does the OJE's wasn't in. Need some opinions. My interview was at 11AM. Finished around 20 past.

Only you kow how you think you did. You will juts have to wait, maybe they have more interviews before they decide?
Reply 28
mr_cool
Only you kow how you think you did. You will juts have to wait, maybe they have more interviews before they decide?

Perhaps.
Reply 29
I didn't get the job in McDonalds. O well.
Reply 30
Aww, unlucky mate. :frown:

I just got back from my OJE/Interview, I just came in and me and the business manager (she was some decent looking late 20s lass?! :p:) just asked me some basic questions like if I'm at college, a quick check on my availability, what I think the job would consist off, etc. Only 2 or 3 questions and then just stuck me with this other nice young lass called Sarah who looked a year or 2 older than me and I just handed out orders, made drinks, etc..

Then the business manager called me over and just said what I thought off it, then that they have some more interviews to do over the weekend and will get back to me next week. :smile:

Hope I get the job! :p: Some of the staff there were quite cool, fun to talk too and stuff, was a laugh the whole 15 minutes and still got the job done. :biggrin:
Reply 31
KevinKevin
What can I expect? Has anyone had past recent experiences in doing one of these?

Congratulations, good luck with the interview. It depends what store at but you will enjoy working with the people you work with. Just remember, be pushy. If you want to work on the drive thru and you're in the kitchen, tell them. It is a great place to work and even though at our store (it's in the "naughty group") meaning our overall performance is really bad, I enjoy it. Some of the managers have no respect for me but then again there some who I can have a great laugh with.

It'll teach you how to cope working with people you dislike too. I must make a small admission, I really dislike working on the tills - can't stand customers.

On drive thru the other night it was really busy (constant stream of cars with a queue for 2hours) and I was doing it on my own, one car said to me "it's ab it slow this isn't it" so i said back "well i'm not stopping you applying for a job here to do a better job.." they shut up. Another said, "do i get anything free for my inconvience" i said bluntly "no." they went aree you suree you can't find us anything i went "nope" they went "aww alright then, worth a try."lol.
Reply 32
Got a call a few minutes ago from Charlotte (the business manager), I got the job! :biggrin:

Got my orientation on Tuesday morning. :smile:
Sparxy
Got a call a few minutes ago from Charlotte (the business manager), I got the job! :biggrin:

Got my orientation on Tuesday morning. :smile:

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 34
oh man! i got my OJE/interview day after tomorrow, neva been in a situation like this .... well i got to know a lot bout mc'd interviews here thnx yall , wat do i need to wear for the interview, i know im supposed to wear dark trousers but should it be like complete formal with the tie?(im male) and secondly i c OJE is al bout servin food and givin baloons to kids wats it bout ? should i walk around tables and keep distributin baloons for 15 min:woo: or do i jus stand somewer n kids come to me askin for it ....? and how do i start it all how to greet the customers:confused: and wat do i say to them while serving the food?:confused: plz reply asap coz its day after tomorrow....cheer
Reply 35
You won't be greeting customers or giving out balloons. :p:

Don't wear a tie, just wear a plain black or white shirt with black trousers. The OJE part you'll just be stuck on window 3 or something and told to pass orders that other staff will give you; just be polite to the customers, show your confident and don't be shy.
Reply 36
nice one! thanx a lot mate ..... i'll see wat happens tomorrow
Reply 37
I've got my job interview and OJE on Saturday :biggrin: Im feeling slightly nervous, because its gonna be really busy but I really need the job.

Just out of interest, whats the pay for over 18's and do you still get a free meal if you work a full shift?
Shockley
I've got my job interview and OJE on Saturday :biggrin: Im feeling slightly nervous, because its gonna be really busy but I really need the job.

Just out of interest, whats the pay for over 18's and do you still get a free meal if you work a full shift?

Yeah, you get a free meal on all of your breaks (you usually only have 1-2). Every Mcdonalds can be different when it comes to pay because it depends on the franchise but at mine under 21s get paid £4.60 and 21+ get paid something like £5.55
Reply 39
wohooo!!! i got the job ! i was nervous for no reason it was so easy the entire process hardly took 10 mins had no OJE jus the interview, i got my orientation in 4 days ..... now wat happens at the orientation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending