The Student Room Group

Dilemma

Anyone thinks I should bother applying to a college for Art, when I'm gonna reject any offers I get anyway? I've already applied to unis with UCAS and plans on going Nottingham (cus Cambridge is gonna reject me) for science. I'm not gonna study Art for 4 years. So is there any point of me applying?? Cus it's very tempting.

Sorry that it isn't actually Oxbridge related but nobody ever views the "Courses" sub-forum and there's no Art sub-forum anyway. :smile: However if somehow I have a change of mind and heart and apply and get an offer and accept then it'll be Oxford I'll look at next year :biggrin: for Fine Art. However that is unlikely since I already hold offers from four universities :redface: shame really.

Replies appreciated :smile:
irisng
Anyone thinks I should bother applying to a college for Art, when I'm gonna reject any offers I get anyway?

wats the point if ur gonna reject any offers you get :confused:
irising you really are bored aren't you

do what you feel good with now theres an original poece of advice
Reply 3
Well that's what I thought too Kidney Thief... but my friend who suggested it makes it sound sooooo tempting. Kinda just to see if I'm "good enough" in a way - but more really that my true passion lies with Art and not Science, even though I enjoy Science. My only problem is - if I get any offers at all, I'd actually wanna go! It's only just slightly less attractive than Cambridge is to me, maybe parallel to the attractiveness of going to Nottingham for Neuroscience, if I get an unconditional offer. And the thing is whatever offer conditions I get I'd meet it cus I aim for A's in Art anyway - I'd kick myself forever if I got anything less regardless of everything else.

So that's why I don't wanna apply cus I want a job at the end of my degree but if I get offered for Art I'd really wanna go :redface:

And lol futurehealer yes I guess I am kinda bored. :rolleyes:
i would say do what you want to do- if art then go with art, if neuroscience then go with that (bit of a contrast though- unless...i know! you can make a compromise and sketch brains for a living!)

if art is your passion, why didnt you follow that route for a uni course?
Reply 5
Because I want a job at the end of my degree. And anyway having to go to college first doesn't attract me. And besides all that my mum doesn't want me to study Art. She'd still pay for the fees if I chose Art, but she doesn't want me to study it.

So I chose science cus I like science and there's a better chance fo a job afterwards.

Argh I wanna try applying but I don't actually see the point of doing that when all it'll do is make my choices harder!
Reply 6
why bother if you gonna reject everyone...u planning to apply as safety net, just in case u change your mind or what :confused:
Reply 7
Phil23
why bother if you gonna reject everyone...u planning to apply as safety net, just in case u change your mind or what :confused:

She posted this in December.. If she's still deciding then I'd be surprised :smile:
Reply 8
If you are not considering accepting the offer under any circumstances, that it would be wrong for you to apply. Just think of how someone who really wants to go there might miss out on an offer because of you.

Edit: Oooops, just realised the date on the post. :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Hehehehe hey guys just realised you posted on my thread!

Errrr lol I still haven't decided actually... :rolleyes: but have switched courses at Reading uni from Pathobiology to Fine Art, interview on the 1st March :smile: however Reading's gonna be my insurance regardless really... Nottingham Neuroscience first choice.

The top-up fees and cost of college etc and wasting 5 offers was too much really - so reapplying for uni for Art isn't really worth it... Might still put Art as my first choice though if I get an offer - but it's almost definitely Notts.

Thanx for the replies anyway!

Latest

Trending

Trending