The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
polthegael
Should have either not applied or applied to Cambridge instead then..! :rolleyes:

I hated Cambridge more! And I didn't realise how much I didn't want to go to Ox until after the interview. Ellie, ellie, quite contrary... :biggrin:
Reply 21
*alicia*
Oh well Bristol here I come anyway!!!!

Aww, Bristol's a nicer city than Cambridge IMHO (although I do live in Bristol!). It's also much more of a city. :smile: Good luck!

polthegael
(John's is great academically but sucks in other respects..)

Huh? It's quite average academically by Cambridge standards (although still strong obviously), but it's big on sports. That's what I always heard anyway.

Ellie dear, I'm sure you'll have more fun elsewhere. :biggrin:
Reply 22
You mentioned poetry... therefore i assume u applied for english (i'm cunning, me!) if it makes u feel any better my mate Em didn't get in... this the girl who got 100% on 2 english papers (:eek: see that just scares me!!) I'm yet to meet ne1 who's got in for english
Reply 23
{huggles Alicia}
Don't worry. Bristol is a good uni by the sounds of it and you'll have a great time there :smile:
Just remember the song "Oh I'd rather be at Bristol than Johns!" :smile:
Reply 24
havent received any decisions either :|
lessthanthree
at least you've got other offers.

*looks sadly at lack of offers*

ah. yes.

AHHH but you've probably applied to one of those places like Durham who are mean and don't give out many offers for aaages!! Don't worry it's pretty likely you'll get in somewhere lol. That's not very comforting though is it :smile:

Thanks for all the love everyone! :hello: Maybe I'll have another reject join me tomorrow lol
Reply 26
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww don't worry about it!!!!! *hugs*
Reply 27
aww i'm so sorry! apox on johns, the btards.

ah well, at least you've got offers from amazing universities,and considering how popular english is, thats pretty good going. so it aint all doom and gloom :smile:

good luck with your offer from bristol!
Bekaboo
You mentioned poetry... therefore i assume u applied for english (i'm cunning, me!) if it makes u feel any better my mate Em didn't get in... this the girl who got 100% on 2 english papers (:eek: see that just scares me!!) I'm yet to meet ne1 who's got in for english

my mate got that: 100% on both papers at AS english language and literature (AQA specification B, to be precise)
Reply 29
*alicia*
Maybe I'll have another reject join me tomorrow lol

That'll be me
kidney thief
my mate got that: 100% on both papers at AS english language and literature (AQA specification B, to be precise)

I do them separately for some random reason.

I got 100% for the Eng Lang course, which surpised me,
and about 20 marks overall off the Eng Lit ...which didn't. ^_^

Latest

Trending

Trending