The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DeanK2
It really does piss me off. I hope that we'll get called for interview. What college have you chosen anyway?

After a lot of deliberation, I've gone with Clare.
Reply 21
S1 was my lowest too - 85 (not quite dipped into the 70s, but it was still pretty disappointing).

Yes, some maths applicants have 600 UMS. And? I honestly don't think that matters too much. Yes, you're not going to have the "wow" factor, but you'll definitely get an interview, and if you impress at interview then they'll make you an offer.

Remember that you drop to 95% by only answering three questions wrong. Personally, I think it's silly for people to get worked up about it - that's something as careless as putting a minus sign in the wrong place (I actually did this with my C4 exam. Funny thing is, I did the question right the first time and then went back over it and thought "Shouldn't that be minus?"). But just because I think it's silly to get worked up over it, doesn't mean the cambridge admissions tutors agree with me...
Reply 22
I wouldn't be too concerned about the mark in one stats module. I got in with a low B in S2. Your C1 and C2 marks are probably below average for applicants, but your C4 mark sounds pretty reasonable and I doubt they place that much emphasis on UMS.

Latest